- 2nd Shift Available - 3:00pm to 11:00pm
- 3rd Shift Available - 11:00pm to 7:00am
Position Description and Purpose:
Roskam Baking Company (RBC) produces and packages food products with the goal of consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations for quality, safety and wholesomeness. The Parts Attendant's responsibility is to satisfy parts needs by responding to information inquiries, supplying parts from inventory and/or procuring parts that are not in stock. Additional responsibilities are to assist with inventory stocking and department maintenance as necessary.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Parts Attendant are to fulfill Maintenance needs in the most efficient and accurate manner by:
- Responding to requests quickly
- Communicating with maintenance when a delay will occur and offering alternatives
- Recording information carefully and identifying needed parts using most efficient method
- Determining availability and price information and documenting this information as necessary
- Providing part to maintenance from stock, procuring locally or creating a parts order as directed
- Correctly documenting and completing part sale on parts invoice
- Monitoring the status of customer orders, advising in case of problems and notifying upon arrival
- Receive, log and shelve parts within the parts room
- Maintain organization and accuracy of inventory within the parts room
- Inventory control maintenance as directed by supervisor, including bin work and correction
- Unload, receive and store incoming parts and other materials in the warehouse and the yard. Must be able to lift 50lbs repetitively to accomplish tasks as required.
- Locate parts and other materials to ship other branches.
- Place inventory stock orders, and make inventory and bin adjustments.
- Use parts and warehousing equipment and computer systems.
- Accurately and completely document and report all shipping, receiving, inventory and stock information.
- Continually assess workplace hazards and ensure work is performed safely and to accepted standards.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum two years Parts experience
- Experience and proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and CMMS Systems
- Strong communication and interactive skills
- Organizational skills
- Mechanical aptitude