Facilities Maintenance Technician
Position Description and Purpose:
To maintain facility equipment and structures with focus on safety, quality, customer requirements, and productivity in assigned facility/department. Coverage for the absence of the building maintenance would be another trained facilities building maintenance, maintenance supervisor, or maintenance manager.
- Food Safety:
- Enforce that all elements of food safety within the plant are being met.
- Ensure that all tolls and equipment used is accounted for when completing a task.
- Ensure that clothing worn does not become contaminated causing possible carrying of ingredients, especially allergens, to other areas.
- Ensure the cleaning and sanitizing of tools and equipment when tasks are completed.
- Maintaining and monitoring boilers and related equipment including blowdowns, checking condensate, etc.
- Testing water PH levels and the treating of incoming water with approved chemicals to ensure cleanliness and proper PH levels.
- Check and maintain chiller systems and pressure.
- Monitor all utility usage for the assigned facility.
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program for all facility equipment such as air compressors, boilers and air handling units.
- Inspect and test fire control equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Responsible for the routine detail cleaning of the above mentioned equipment.
- Receiving, escorting and training contractors on company rules and regulations and properly filling out the paperwork proving that the training took place.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable of GMP’s, customer requirements, and other legal requirements for the food industry.
- Assist production and sanitation with customer complaint issues.
- Assist parts room personnel to maintaining key equipment spare parts inventory.
- Must have a strong working relationship with production and sanitation.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA standards.
- Working with the Business Unit Manager, Plant Sanitation Manager and Quality Manager in identifying quality, food safety or regulation issues at assigned facilities.
- Ensure that facility is ready for 3rd party or customer inspections.
- Other duties as identified or assigned by the Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Required and Desired Qualifications:
- This position is fast-paced and requires basic math and reasoning skills. Technician must be willing to train in other maintenance rolls if necessary.