International Sales and Business Development Manager
Reports to Director of International Sales
Travel Typically 26 weeks out of the year including markets
An international sales and business development manager is a consultant responsible for increasing sales, improving service to our member-owners and acquiring new business. Our team provides products, programs and services to increase sales and profitability of our member owned locations. The international sales and business development manager is a consultant who will work with support staff, member-owners and prospective members by being active listeners, reactive problem-solvers and proactive consultants.
- Assist current international members in maximizing their purchase potential with Do it Best Corp. This assistance will come by having a complete understanding of the Do it Best Corp. program and training our members to utilize the key components that will allow them to work more easily with Do it Best Corp.
- Develop agreed upon international markets by adding new, quality members to Do it Best Corp. Markets must be analyzed through use of proper channels (i.e., local Chamber of Commerce, foreign consulates, associations, etc.) to determine key, quality prospects and marketing strategies. Once prospects and strategies are defined, meetings must be held in these market areas on an individual and/or group basis to explain the advantages of Do it Best Corp.
- Assist the Director of International Sales in developing the finest, most easy to work with program available to international hardware and building material retailers
- Assist the Director of International Sales in developing bilingual sales and marketing material and presentations.
- Promote and sell the Do it Best Corp. design program to targeted international retailers having the aggressiveness, knowledge, and financial where-with-all necessary to be successful.
- Work with international members and Do it Best Corp. staff to continually improve operational and distribution processes unique to the international sales area.
- Study continually all markets and environments to ensure Do it Best Corp. has adequate market coverage. Much of our future international growth will come as a result of encouraging members to add additional locations. We need to maintain files and continually investigate opportunities for site locations and stores for sale.
- Attend Do it Best and industry meetings, seminars, conventions and functions in order to keep updated on industry information.
- Submit, on a timely basis, all required reports and give weekly updates discussing accomplishments along with updates on activities within their region.
- Keep updated continually on retailing and industry specific news by reading trade journals and books that relate to retail success, passing along ideas to international member-owners.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Business, International Business or related field of study
- Experience in developing International Business
- Demonstrated familiarity with using standard business computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- International Travel Experience
- Related job experience in the international business field
- Experience in the home improvement industry or retail
Skills & Abilities
- Outside sales experience or Do it Best Corp. International experience
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Meet deadlines, objectives
- Experience working in team settings
- International sales experience
- International retail home improvement experience