This position will coordinate and maintain the safety program for Do it Best Corp. Directs, develops, and oversees the safety policies and procedures of the organization. Ensures the workplace is in compliance with OSHA and other state, local, or industry specific regulations and that periodic safety audits are conducted. Coordinate visits to RSC’s (retail service centers) for training by working with the GM and DM’s for each building. Provides programs that ensure a safe workplace including safety orientations, skill training, emergency preparedness, power equipment training, proper job instruction, hazardous material disposal procedures, and the use of protective equipment. Travel to all eight RSC's several times per year.
- Conduct on-site visits to all locations to evaluate safety policies and procedures and effectiveness of those programs.
- Identify and evaluate unsafe conditions and practices in the workplace. Develop controls for identified conditions and coordinate the implementation of the controls.
- Measure effectiveness of controls implemented to correct unsafe conditions and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Provide advice and counsel to ensure compliance with local, state and federal programs such as OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA and USDA.
- Conduct monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Review all incident investigation reports along with supporting documents, analyze and interpret accident or incident reports and review recommendations for corrective action to eliminate unsafe conditions and assist in their implementation.
- Design training programs for safety programs.
- Respond and provide assistance to all emergency situations.
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting annual safety
- Attend conferences and seminars to keep up-to-date on safety procedures and regulations.
- Complete weekly KPI chart and monthly Incident Rate reports and distribute to necessary management team members.
- Update and participate in annual safety audits at all locations.
- Manage a multistate workers’ compensation program.
- Partner with workers compensation, property, auto and general liability carriers to reduce risk and limit losses.
- Perform other duties as needed and required.
Education and Experience
- Must have 5-7 years of related experience or training; warehouse operations, safety and loss prevention experience preferred.
- BS degree in Safety Engineering, Business Management, Environmental Sciences or a related field.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Access helpful).
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience working a distribution center environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of staff within the company and external vendors
- CSP Certification preferred.