The responsibilities of this position involve assisting the department merchandise manager in the implementation and maintenance of retail merchandise programs.
- Administration of warehouse and drop shipment programs.
- Assist with the development of warehouse and drop shipment vendor programs
- Assist with proper product selection.
- Assist with maintenance of member and retail pricing.
- Assist with cataloging of warehouse stocking programs
- Respond to retail member questions and explain programs.
- Manage the implementation of new programs
- Assist with Market preparation process and negotiation of Market specials
- Assist with product evaluations and program reviews
- Communicate program changes to members
- Assist with the development, negotiation, and submittals of promotional offers.
Education and Experience
- Four-year degree in marketing or business-related field.
- Must be computer proficient, especially with Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Google Suite.
- Retail sales or wholesale/distribution experience is helpful.
- Industry or category specific experience is helpful.
Skills and Abilities
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must have creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to compute ratios, rates and percents.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.