Job Title Regional Sales and Business Development Manager-Region 2
Division / Department Sales & Business Development/
Reports to Greg Fuller
Reporting to position National Sales Manager
Travel 80% of the time
Description The position of Do it Best Corp Regional Sales Manager is responsible for working with, mentoring and developing the Territory Sales and Business Development Manager and delivering results through strong sales management performance. Do it Best Corp. Regional Sales Managers are dedicated to train, cultivate, guide and counsel Do it Best Corp. Territory Sales Managers and other employees as well as developing ideas, programs and presentations that will drive Do it Best Corp. members and the company to grow.
Regional Sales Managers are responsible for growing business to and through the members in their region by working with their team to sell products, promotions, programs, or best practices that we strive to have a member adopt. Additionally they strengthen existing member relationships and develop new relationships to grow their regions and Do it Best Corp.
- Run their region and achieve results from increased sales as well as challenging their Territory Sales Managers to reach and surpass on their Sales Team Initiatives
- They support the Territory Sales Manager team to develop the appropriate annual “target goals” for a business plan designed to help our members and Do it Best Corp grow, based on the opportunity of the individual territory
- work with each team member to provide an “Annual Review” designed to develop our teams “Skill Sets” and build on a culture of “Continual Improvement”. The goals will maximize the talents of each individual
- establishing regular communication with the sales team to communicate the corporate/regional direction, to inform and improve efficiencies between all regions and to motivate the sales team to be the best in the industry;
- building, training and retaining the best sales team in the industry by ensuring proper staff placement, education and development, as well as accountability to achieve territory and company sales and performance goals.
- maintaining fiscal responsibility within the sales team to ensure that the team is operating within the approved corporate budget;
- working with and through the Territory Sales Manager team to develop and maintain strong member relationships to help drive sales by ensuring they are utilizing the best retail programs to benefit their business, and are making the best choices in regard to product selection, promotion and merchandising;
- working with and through the Territory Sales Managers to bring new members into Do it Best Corp. membership;
- building and maintaining communication between the sales team and all other divisions and regions within Do it Best Corp. for the benefit of the company and the growth of the company
- working closely with the Sales Operations Manager on business analytics, goal achievement across their assigned team, reporting and the signing and conversion of prospective new members
- Set the example, reinforce and build on the Do it Best Corp culture with the entire team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5 years as a proven sales professional
- 5 years experience in the hardware/home center/retail industry.
- 10 years as a proven and effective sales manager
- 10 years experience in a member owned co-op environment.
Skills and Abilities
- A strong drive to achieve sales and performance goals through others
- Above average communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate vision and motivate others
- Strong organization skills
- Expert time management skills
- Consistent execution of critical “Discernment Skills”
- High energy, enthusiastic
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of Financial Statements
- Ability to create Proformas
- Great verbal and written skills.
- Must have initiative and creativity to be able to provide new ideas to help grow the sales team and the company.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be proficient in Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- Proficient at evaluating the team and creating meaningful performance evaluations
- Ability to manage a team remotely
- Strong financial acumen
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to set a vision for the region and execute that vision
(need to have these competencies within the first 4 weeks)
- Ability to manage a remote staff
- Understanding of responsibilities for each direct report position (Territory Sales Manager)
- Understanding of current business plan process with high level review of each direct report’s business plan
- Review and understand the divisional strategic plan for Sales and Business Development
- Understanding of expense approval procedures
- Understanding of divisional Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Ability to utilize MMS as an effective CRM tool to manage staff and access member information. Training will be provided within the first four weeks if needed.
- Understanding of Do it Best programs and services. If new to Do it Best, training will be provided
- Familiarity of direct reports including their challenges and opportunities in the territories
- Familiarization of all key members and prospects within the region, understand their strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities.
- High level understanding of all divisions within Do it Best Corp. and how each division works to help accomplish our corporate strategic goals.