Warehouse Department Manager
This position leads a team of hourly staff through coaching and professional development to successfully take care of operations supporting member store orders and to drive the operations forward toward new levels of excellence. It requires working with the General Manager, other department managers, team leads, all warehouse staff, the corporate headquarters, business development staff, member stores and vendors. The top operational priority is ensuring staff works safely while maintaining a proper balance productivity and quality.
- Directly leads 30-40 staff members to include, but not limited to: staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution.
- Oversees the daily operation of the warehouse with responsibility for inventory control, receiving, stocking, replenishments, order filling, shipping, small parcel processing, and other support functions.
- Provide leadership in the supportive application of Human Resource Policy and Procedures; providing annual performance appraisals and appropriate coaching of intrinsic behaviors.
- Work with Do it Best Corp. staff in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Resolve member store issues with a strong focus on customer service.
- Work with the management team to resolve staff issues in a timely, fair and consistent manner.
- The warehouse supervisor will assign daily activities; provide coaching and performance feedback to associates.
- Ensure the warehouse operates efficiently and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; and complying with legal regulations.
- Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands for workload and performance results for area of responsibility.
- Prepare, review, and/or analyze reports, and use information to identify operational improvements (e.g., production, quality, safety).
- Must be at work on a regular and predictable basis or as scheduled and follow company policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced environment.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Experience with design and layout of distribution facilities and best-in-class operations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, supply chain software (inventory/warehouse management and distribution software) and planning & allocations software.
- Experience with WMS systems / Equipment / Safety programs
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor and interpersonal skills
- Coaching, team building and staff development
- Customer service
- Safety focus
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project management.
- Additional Considerations
- Working familiarity with Quality systems.
- Future relocation for advancement.
About Do it Best Corp.
Do it Best Corp. proudly serves 3,800 member-owned locations in the United States and more than 53 countries. We are the only US-based full-line, full-service, member-owned distributor of lumber, hardware, and building materials products in the home improvement industry.
Do it Best Corp. delivers a long-standing history of strength and stability interlinked with industry-leading efficiency. We carry no long-term debt and continue to maintain the best credit rating in the industry.