|Position: Wine Sales Manager - Santa Barbara|
|Job Id: 181|
|# of Openings: 1|
Winc is currently seeking experienced and fiercely competitive Wine Sales Managers for various metro areas to represent our extensive and diverse portfolio of small-lot wines for our sales division, Winc Direct. We are an innovative wine company that strives to bring customers and winemakers together through direct-to-business distribution. This is a unique opportunity for a talented and driven individual to be a part of a fast growing company in the wine and spirits space.
As our Wine Sales Manager, you will…
- Cold call on independent accounts to give successful presentations for decision-making buyers that result in the sales of wine
- Meet and exceed goal expectations while effectively selling the Winc portfolio and fulfilling designated account run management objectives
- Plan and execute a daily schedule of sales calls per a pre-determined account run
- Have fun selling insane amounts of wine to the top independent accounts in your region
- Improve the marketability of Winc products through by-the-glass placement, display positioning, concept selling and price point management
- Be present and punctual for mandatory sales meetings and brand kick-offs
- Effectively plan in the short and long term to achieve sales goals and grow your territory
- Go above and beyond with your account management skills to delight customers
- Keep up with market trends and proactively offer insight for brand/product improvement
If you’re the ideal candidate, you…
- Have prior wine sales experience, geographic knowledge and account relationships in the designated territory
- Are truly passionate about selling and have specific knowledge of how to sell wine
- Have a high level of wine knowledge; WSET certification preferred but not required
- Have a proven track record of managing complex customer relationships
- Can naturally and successfully influence and negotiate
- Constantly seek out new ideas, keep up with industry trends, and thrive on being one step ahead of the game
- Are excited to be part of an entrepreneurial, collaborative and growing organization
- Can carry up to a case of wine if needed (about 40 lbs.)
Compensation includes competitive salary (based on experience) with above-industry commission rates, bonuses, health insurance and stock options.
A Little About Us
Our story began in 2012 when we founded Club W: the world's first personalized wine club. We made the process of discovering and buying wine easier than ever — and as we expanded to other facets of the experience, we became so much more than a club.
Winc is reimagining every aspect of wine, from the art and science of winemaking to packaging and transport to how wine is sold, distributed, and ultimately enjoyed. We're doing all this as part of our quest to improve the experience for consumers, create a platform for artisanal winemaking, and build a grape-to-glass supply chain that's sustainable for the planet.
We are driven by the desire to make great wines with passion and pride, and to bring transparency, honesty, innovation, and curiosity to an industry dominated by opaque, entrenched conglomerates. Our team is an extremely driven and creative group of people with a dedication to sharing our passion and constantly challenging everything around us.
The Legal Stuff
Winc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|