Staff Nurse - RN - Full time - 7:00pm - 7:30am
Twin Towers, one of the nation's finest senior living communities in Cincinnati, Ohio is seeking a Registered Nurse.
Are you an RN that believes your role involves serving patients/residents and employees and creating an environment of respect thereby elevating the resident/patient experience? Are you continually striving for excellence? Does your experience include being a RN in a long-term care setting? If so, we’d love to talk with you!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct nursing care: take vital signs etc, as ordered, start I/Vs, obtain cultures and other specimens as ordered, notify physician and family/responsible party of any change in resident's condition, make timely rounds with physician.
- Participate in and receive the nursing report upon arriving for duty.
- Promotes wellness philosophy in all resident interactions.
- Interpret all relevant data and documents; defines and solves problems.
- Directs day-to-day function of State Tested Nurse Aide activities.
- Admits, transfers, discharges residents as required.
- Visits residents every day to observe and evaluate resident’s physical and emotional status. Monitors higher accuity residents.
- Participates in developing and implementing resident’s plan of care and in comprehensive assessments of each resident's nursing needs.
- Maintains positive relationship with the physicians and takes verbal/written orders.
- Notifies physician and family/responsible party of a change in the resident’s condition.
- Documents pertinent notes regarding care and needs in resident’s record.
- Delivers and document medications in timely manner.
- Reviews MARs, TARs and other documentation for completeness of information and accuracy.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with intra/inter departmental personnel.
- Promotes positive, calm, and effective work environment that contributes to teamwork and reduces turnover.
- RN Nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1 year experience in hospital or long term care facility preferred.
- Experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Microsoft office proficiency. Electronic medical records knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrates professional excellence and customer service focus.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking the English language.
Benefit package offerings include choice of 3 health plans, life insurance, vision, dental, Educational Assistance Program and 403(b) plan with company match. All associates appreciate our on site fitness facility at no cost! We are a drug free and tobacco free workplace.
Life Enriching Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and to compliance with the applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.