Arbor Lodging is a leading hotel investment and management company with a portfolio of hotels across the United States. We have been entrusted by numerous partners and are approved managers for Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Choice and IHG. Our culture is focused on connecting our guests with exceptional experiences. We are people-focused, data-driven, and accountable—to our guests and our clients.
We are currently seeking a
for Hilton Garden Inn in San Leandro, CA!
Maintenance Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep all equipment in good repair with minimum downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel.
- Complete maintenance work orders from all departments in a timely manner.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Update the maintenance work order forms/job cards and file them.
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Perform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners/HVAC and AC ducts.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire alarm/life safety systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
The Successful Maintenance Technician Candidate
- Ability to remain organized.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- ITI or Diploma holder in air conditioning and refrigeration or electrical, civil, or mechanical.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in English, both written and oral.
- Excellent customer service skills
The Benefits of Arbor Lodging
- Competitive salaries
- Annual review with increase potential
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance programs
- Paid Vacation Time
- 401k program with company match
Arbor Lodging focuses on Five Guiding Principles to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties:
- Do the Right Thing - Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
- Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
- Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
- Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
- Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
We look forward to speaking with you! Apply today!
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Arbor Lodging Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Arbor Lodging Management's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.