|Position: Housekeeping Manager - Hampton Inn Boston/Norwood|
|Job Id: 1162|
|# of Openings: 1|
JOB TITLE: Housekeeping Manager
REPORTS: General Manager
The Housekeeping Manager supervises and coordinates activities of room attendant, house attendant, public area cleaners and floor supervisors. He / She assists in the managing and directing of the day–to–day operations of all Housekeeping and laundry functions.
Participates in and enforces quality assurance for Housekeeping Department and department cost control measures.
Responsibility & Authority:
· Should have an eye for detail and the ability to effectively deal with guests, other departments, and housekeeping staff.
· Obtains the list of vacant rooms to be cleaned immediately & list of prospective check-outs or discharges in order to prepare work assignments.
· Experience with turn down service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. is helpful.
· Assigns team members their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
· Prepares and distributes the Room assignment sheet and floor keys to room attendants.
· Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination with the Front Office and other departments of the hotel.
· Schedules the cleaning of the room carpets, upholstery, and draperies as needed, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning as necessary.
· Schedules cleaning for lobby area, public restrooms, telephone areas, hallways, entrances, elevators.
· Schedules periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
· Inventories cleaning supplies & linen stock to ensure adequate supplies.
· Investigates concerns regarding housekeeping service and equipment and takes corrective action.
· Provides support to the Executive Housekeeper in all areas of Housekeeping operation, such as staff training, coaching, counseling and also enforces to the hotel's standard operating procedures.
· Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
· Advises manager, desk clerk, & admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
· Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
· Print all housekeeping related reports and traces from PMS.
· Assists in controlling expenses by the housekeeping department.
· Confirm all housekeeping staff members have arrived or find substitutes for absent employees.
· Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in:
o Guest rooms
o Linens and uniforms
o Lost and found procedures
o Public areas
· Attend to any guest complaints and take service recovery measures if required.
· Review the housekeeping points on the guest feedback forms, take actions on guest complaints and also share guest compliments with staff members.
· Submit requests for repair and periodic maintenance of cleaning equipment.
Only those with Housekeeping Supervisory experience will be considered.
Arbor Lodging Management is a Chicago based, multi-state, multi-brand hotel Management Company. We focus our acquisitions, progress, and culture on the Arbor Lodging Guiding Principles,
Focusing on these principles allows us to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties.
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Arbor Lodging Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Arbor Lodging Management's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|