Job Title: Server / Waiter
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager / Supervisor
- Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / bar / Lounge areas. Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
- Takes orders for, serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
F&B SERVER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale (POS) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. E.g.: No Garlic, less spicy etc., without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co - ordinate with the busperson, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering
- Desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist busperson with stocking and maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous serving experience required.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
This position is located at:
5115 E McKinley Ave, Fresno, CA 93727
Arbor Lodging develops and manages full-service and limited-service hotels throughout the United States and is devoted to providing its hotel guests with the best possible experience while creating value and superior investment returns through its strategic focus on investing, hands-on approach to management and its principals’ unique combination of skills. The principles of Arbor Lodging Partners have approximately fifty years of combined experience in owning, developing and operating commercial properties (including retail, multi-family and office, in addition to lodging) throughout the United States. We focus our acquisitions, progress, and culture on the Arbor Lodging Guiding Principles,
- Do the Right Thing - Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
- Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
- Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
- Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
- Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
Focusing on these principles allows us to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties.
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Arbor Lodging Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Arbor Lodging Management's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.