POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
The Residence Inn Salt Lake City Downtown is seeking a Maintenance Technician to perform repairs and preventative maintenance to the hotels equipment and facilities. Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. And to complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures.
Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments, and fellow staff.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
- Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Update the maintenance work order form / Job card and file them.
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure the security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Perform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVAC, and AC ducts.
- Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through the sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
To be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. Ability to multi-task in busy environment and adheres to hotel the Standard Operating Procedures.
Must be available to work a varied schedule to include AM and PM shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Arbor Lodging develops and manages full-service and limited-service hotels throughout the United States and is devoted to providing its hotel guests with the best possible experience while creating value and superior investment returns through its strategic focus on investing, hands-on approach to management and its principals’ unique combination of skills. The principles of Arbor Lodging Partners have approximately fifty years of combined experience in owning, developing and operating commercial properties (including retail, multi-family and office, in addition to lodging) throughout the United States. We focus our acquisitions, progress, and culture on the Arbor Lodging Guiding Principles,
• Do the Right Thing - Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
• Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
• Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
• Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
• Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
Focusing on these principles allows us to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties.
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Arbor Lodging Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Arbor Lodging Management's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.