REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
Hours - Overnight shifts, weekends and holidays required.
Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and, on a daily basis, summarizes and compiles information for the hotel's financial records. Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel's financial performance for the day. Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts including guest transactions not posted during the day by the front office cashier.
NIGHT AUDITOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and credit card vouchers.
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated in to PMS system.
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts.
- Monitors the current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Prepare End of Day procedure.
- Follow the End of Day / Night Audit Checklist
- Must have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Balance the days charges, making corrections as necessary.
- Performs wake-up calls.
- Run end of day process in property management software (PMS).
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate PMS, typewriters, and other front office equipment.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed
- Perform nightly balancing of in-room video and long-distance telephone services
- Understand and knows how to perform check-in and check-out procedures.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum one year of hotel front desk experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
Arbor Lodging Partners develops and operates full-service and limited-service hotels throughout the United States and is devoted to providing its hotel guests with the best possible experience while creating value and superior investment returns through its strategic focus on investing, hands-on approach to management and its principals’ unique combination of skills. The principles of Arbor Lodging Partners have approximately fifty years of combined experience in owning, developing and operating commercial properties (including retail, multi-family and office, in addition to lodging) throughout the United States. We focus our acquisitions, progress, and culture on the Arbor Lodging Guiding Principles,
- Do the Right Thing - Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
- Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
- Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
- Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
- Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
Focusing on these principles allows us to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties.
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Arbor Lodging Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Arbor Lodging Management's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.