|ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QUALIFICATIONS the Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced in Group Sales in the Corporate Segment.
- Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
- Participates in sales calls to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Develop and manage quarterly business plans to fulfill individual goals.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
- Gains understanding of the locations primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
- Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
- Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
- Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
Bachelor of Hotel Management or Degree in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management, Marketing or equivalent.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience in Property Management Software and Catering an added advantage.
Minimum 3 to 5 years work experience as a Sales Coordinator or Banquet coordinator major hotel required. Possess excellent customer care and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills necessary.
Arbor Lodging Management is a Chicago based, multi-state, multi-brand hotel Management Company. We focus our acquisitions, progress, and culture on the Arbor Lodging Guiding Principles,
- Possess knowledge of hospitality, business and basic accounting principles and practices. Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills.
- Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers.
- Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes. Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work habits.
- Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and thorough work.
- Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Must satisfy and comply with the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
- Do the Right Thing Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
- Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
- Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
- Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
- Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
Focusing on these principles allows us to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties.
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Arbor Lodging Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Arbor Lodging Managements employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.