The Director of Sales is responsible for developing and fostering hotel business through direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, and tours of the hotel. This is an advanced level position designed to lead a sales office in the solicitation of new and maintenance of existing transient, group, and meeting room business.
The Director of Sales is responsible for all sales/marketing and advertising tasks, public relations and administrative reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the Director of Sales:
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set an example for immediate and hotel-wide staff.
- Develop a marketing plan by gathering historical and competitive data, then determine the appropriate action plan(s) to meet those goals.
- Work with the General Manager to prepare the annual sales and marketing budget. Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
- Develop new business through obtaining accounts from competition, lateral development of existing accounts and contacting new customers in the market. The solicitation of new and saturation of existing business should be through a combination of in-house appointments, telephone, and personal calls as outlined by the marketing plan and budget.
- Entertain and maintain close relations with the major accounts, tourism and business associations, and community leaders to develop positive rapport and ensure repeat business.
- Prepare and interpret month end reports. Monitor and analyze trends so we are always prepared and proactive to changes rather than reactive.
- Suggest and provide advertising or promotional support, holiday packages, corporate clubs, weddings, etc.
- Work closely with the Revenue Manager and front desk to ensure the selling strategies are understood and revenue is maximized.
- Ensure property follow-up and implementation of guidelines for operational procedures. Revise sales and marketing guidelines, marketing procedures, and promotions manual when appropriate.
- Qualify and greet in-house guests at each hotel on a scheduled basis.
- Complete weekly reports and submit those required to the General Manager.
- Complete a minimum of 10-12 outside sales calls per week and 4-5 tours of the hotels per week.
- Complete a minimum of 30 prospecting calls per week.
- Attend, participate and lead weekly sales meetings.
- Attend any brand required training as well as other meetings requested by the General Manager.
- Accommodate guest special requests whenever possible.
- Inform General Manager of potential opportunities/concerns with clients and progress of special projects.
- Monitor room inventory and rate programs; be knowledgeable of occupancy, average rate, and REVPAR goals.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
Background & Experience
- 3-5 Years of sales experience in a hotel setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to positively interact with multiple personality types.
- Software knowledge of Windows OS, and applicable sales software suites.
- High School diploma or some college.
Arbor Lodging Management is a Chicago based hotel investment and management company. We focus our acquisitions, progress, and culture on the Arbor Lodging Guiding Principles,
- Do the Right Thing - Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
- Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
- Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
- Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
- Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
Focusing on these principles allows us to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Arbor Lodging Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Arbor Lodging Management employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.