JOB TITLE: Room Attendant/Housekeeping Attendant
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Supervisor
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and baths under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters and prepares the room for cleaning.
- Makes bed.
- Dusts the room and furniture.
- Replenishes guestroom and bath supplies.
- Cleans the bathroom.
- Cleans the closet.
- Vacuums and racks the carpet.
- Checks and secures the rooms.
- Replenish amenities according to the operational standards.
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Perform rotation cleaning duties (e.g. steam clean carpets, spring cleaning, super cleaning etc.) as required
- Cleans guest bathroom/bed room/floor corridor.
- Responsible for replenishment of guest complimentary water.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of his work area.
- Responsible for the Hotel property in the work area.
- Attends to guest calls, guest requests /guest complaints in the area assigned to him.
- Authorized to enter in guestrooms for cleaning and providing turndown services as per requirement.
- Responsible for following the standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the guest satisfaction score.
Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
A secondary school diploma is preferred, Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
Previous hotel-related experience desired.
Arbor Lodging Partners develops and operates full-service and limited-service hotels throughout the United States and is devoted to providing its hotel guests with the best possible experience while creating value and superior investment returns through its strategic focus on investing, hands-on approach to management and its principals’ unique combination of skills. The principles of Arbor Lodging Partners have approximately fifty years of combined experience in owning, developing and operating commercial properties (including retail, multi-family and office, in addition to lodging) throughout the United States. We focus our acquisitions, progress, and culture on the Arbor Lodging Guiding Principles,
- Do the Right Thing - Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
- Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
- Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
- Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
- Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
Focusing on these principles allows us to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties.
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Arbor Lodging Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Arbor Lodging Management's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.