Having been newly renovated , you will be joining a completely refreshed hotel. This position is essential to ensuring our business continues to be a force in the market! We are looking for a service driven professional with a passion for networking and a desire to strategically gain business in a highly competitive market. This individual would contribute to the success of our hotel revenue goals by working with the sales team and through independent prospecting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Other duties may be assigned by a supervisor as needed.
• Develops strategy for and initiates potential business account interest, solicits and negotiates contracts for hotel business for a specific assigned market(s).
• Formulates program and submits formal sales proposals to prospective customers.
• Participate in responding to RFP’s and developing accounts.
• Leads on-site inspections by customers, entertains customers, perform sales calls to develop leads.
• Meets or exceeds monthly, quarterly, and annual room night and revenue goals as assigned by market.
• Makes sales appointments and cold calls to consistently prospect accounts for all direct sales segments.
• Handles account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation, rate negotiation, closing and event details are complete and documented.
• Coordinates various departments’ participation in servicing accounts, including effective, accurate, timely and thorough communication.
• Assists in implementing special promotions and attends sales-related functions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes, networking, tradeshows etc.
• Participates in daily/weekly sales/business review meeting, pre- and post-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
• Grows new and/or existing relationships with assigned corporate accounts and other sources of group business.
• Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
• Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
• Assists Director of Sales in various duties and assignments.
• Performs any other job related duties as assigned.
• Possesses knowledge of hospitality, business and basic accounting principles and practices.
• Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills.
• Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work habits.
• Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
• Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and thorough work.
• Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work days, evenings or nights any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
• Must have exceptional customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy environment and remain flexible
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Must have a self-starting personality with an even disposition to effectively communicate with guests and staff.
• Possess excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills. Computer literacy and financial management a must.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier, and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Arbor Lodging develops and manages full-service and limited-service hotels throughout the United States and is devoted to providing its hotel guests with the best possible experience while creating value and superior investment returns through its strategic focus on investing, hands-on approach to management and its principals’ unique combination of skills. The principles of Arbor Lodging Partners have approximately fifty years of combined experience in owning, developing and operating commercial properties (including retail, multi-family and office, in addition to lodging) throughout the United States. We focus our acquisitions, progress, and culture on the Arbor Lodging Guiding Principles,
- Do the Right Thing Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
- Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
- Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
- Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
- Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
Focusing on these principles allows us to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties.
This position is located at:
50 N Martingale, Schaumburg IL 60173