Arbor Lodging is a leading hotel investment and management company with a portfolio of hotels across the United States. We have been entrusted by numerous partners and are approved managers for Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Choice and IHG. Our culture is focused on connecting our guests with exceptional experiences. We are people-focused, data-driven, and accountable—to our guests and our clients.
We are currently seeking a
for Chicago Marriott Schaumburg in Schaumburg, IL!
This role is essential to ensuring our business continues to be a force in the market! We are looking for a service-driven professional with a passion for networking and a desire to strategically gain business in a highly competitive market. This individual will contribute to the success of our hotel revenue goals by working with the sales team and through independent prospecting.
Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a strategy and initiates potential business account interest.
- Solicits and negotiates contracts for hotel business for a specific assigned market(s).
- Formulates program and submits formal sales proposals to prospective customers.
- Participate in responding to RFP’s and developing accounts.
- Leads on-site inspections by customers, entertains customers, performs sales calls to develop leads.
- Meets or exceeds monthly, quarterly, and annual room, night, and revenue goals as assigned by market.
- Makes sales appointments and cold calls to consistently prospect accounts for all direct sales segments.
- Handles account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation, rate negotiation, closing and event details are complete and documented.
- Coordinates various departments’ participation in servicing accounts, including effective, accurate, timely and thorough communication.
- Assists in implementing special promotions and attends sales-related functions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes, networking, tradeshows etc.
- Participates in daily/weekly sales/business review meeting, pre- and post-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Grows new and/or existing relationships with assigned corporate accounts and other sources of group business.
- Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Assists Director of Sales in various duties and assignments.
The Successful Sales Manager Candidate
- Knowledge of hospitality industry, business, and basic accounting principles and practices.
- Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills.
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work habits.
- Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely, and thorough work.
- Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.
- Schedule flexibility
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have a self-starting personality with an even disposition to effectively communicate with guests and staff.
- Computer literacy and financial management a must.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time
The Benefits of Arbor Lodging
- Competitive salaries
- Annual review with increase potential
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance programs
- Paid Vacation Time
- 401k program with company match
Arbor Lodging focuses on Five Guiding Principles to maintain a culture that allows growth, development, and progression within the properties:
- Do the Right Thing - Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
- Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
- Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
- Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
- Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
We look forward to speaking with you! Apply today!
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Arbor Lodging Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Arbor Lodging Management's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.