PART TIME POSITION
Saturdays 8 hours
Provide the full scope of services which fall under provider’s field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care, and electronic health record (EHR) maintenance, while following guidelines contained within the quality management, risk management, infection control, customer service and safety programs. Must have strong desire to work community health. This position will rotate between 3 Clinics (97th and Halsted, Calumet City and South Holland). This position may also work the Mobile Health Van.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Obtains health history and perform physical examinations.
- Diagnoses, treats, counsels, and coordinate care for each patient. Reviews and update problem list and longitudinal plan of care at every visit.
- Meets documentation standards and completes all progress notes within 24 hours following the patient visit.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Illinois statute and professional practice guidelines.
- Meets Meaningful Use standards
- Manages EHR
- Meets intensity of service and/or severity of illness admission criteria.
- Provides triage services for same-day appointment patients, identify those patients who can wait to receive care and those patients who require immediate medical attention through consultation with patients and/or their families.
- Schedule services for the patient within a time frame meeting the patient’s medical needs.
- Coordinates with health center staff at all levels to ensure patient needs are met. Exhibits a positive attitude during daily activities and fosters a positive work environment for the entire team.
- Participates in health center huddles and meets scheduled health center times and productivity standards.
- Assures patients are seen in a timely and clinically appropriate manner, and involves health center employees including medical assistants and front desk staff in this process.
- Assures care teams properly carry out effective treatment, education and performs clinical tasks in accordance with acceptable policy and procedure.
- Assures all clinical activities are accomplished according to acceptable guidelines for reimbursement.
- May function as a preceptor in teaching programs including medical residents, medical students, advance practice nurse students as well as other allied health professions.
- Unrestricted Professional License to practice in IL
- Bilingual - Spanish/English
This position requires credentialing and privileging with our agency. Once a conditional offer of employment is made, prior to start, the following must be submitted to the HR Department:
- Copy of Government Issued Photo ID (unexpired) for identification
- Copy of Professional License (unexpired)
- Copy of DEA License AND Registration Card (unexpired) as applicable
- Copy of Board Certification as applicable
- Copy of Basic Life Support Certificate (BLS)
- DCFS CANTS Background Screening
- Three (3) Professional Reference Forms
- Fitness for Duty
- Copy of Immunization Records (MMR and Varicella required; Hep B and Flu are recommended)
- Copy of Negative Tuberculosis PPD test results
- CCHC Request for Privileges as applicable
- Completed Training Form (Continuing Medical Education Units (CMEs) or CEUs Form (within past two years; enclosed)) along with Certificates of Completion as applicable
- State Credentialing Form (Needed for Revenue Cycle) as applicable
- Order Official Transcripts, highest level of education