About Christian Community Health Center (CCHC)
Christian Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).CCHC provides primary and preventive healthcare services (medical, dental, and behavioral health) to the residents in an under-served area in Chicago (Roseland Community).
Our Mission is to provide high quality primary healthcare and related services to the community regardless of ability to pay, in a manner which demonstrates in word and deed the love of Jesus Christ. Since receiving Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) status in 2001, CCHC has propelled an expansion of programs and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advises or instructs patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, or oral health care services.
- Analyzes, evaluates and treat dental needs.
- Diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries, or malformations of teeth, gums, or related oral structures and provides preventive or corrective services.
- Eliminates irritating margins of fillings and correct occlusions, using dental instruments.
- Examines teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnoses diseases or abnormalities, and plans appropriate treatments.
- Formulates plan of treatment for patient's teeth and mouth tissue.
- Produces or evaluates dental health educational materials.
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental condition, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient's dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care of treatment provided. In addition, completes patient referrals and other records and paper work as shall be required.
- Educates individuals in the nature of health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
- Assists in the provision of continuing education.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Dental Director or as necessary to achieve organizational goals and program objectives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Current and unrestricted licensed Dentist in the State of IL by the American Dental Association (ADA)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- DEA License
- This position requires credentialing and privileging with our agency. Once a conditional offer of employment is made, prior to start, the following must be submitted to the HR Department:
- Copy of Government Issued Photo ID (unexpired) for identification
- Copy of Professional License (unexpired)
- Copy of DEA License AND Registration Card (unexpired) as applicable
- Copy of Board Certification as applicable
- Copy of Basic Life Support Certificate (BLS)
- DCFS CANTS Background Screening
- Three (3) Professional Reference Forms
- Fitness for Duty
- Copy of Immunization Records (MMR and Varicella required; Hep B and Flu are recommended)
- Copy of Negative Tuberculosis PPD test results
- CCHC Request for Privileges as applicable
- Completed Training Form (Continuing Medical Education Units (CMEs) or CEUs Form (within past two years; enclosed)) along with Certificates of Completion as applicable
- State Credentialing Form (Needed for Revenue Cycle) as applicable
- Order Official Transcripts, highest level of education
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER