POSITION SUMMARY: The Non-Medical Case Manager assists individuals living with HIV in providing guidance and assistance in accessing medical, social, community, insurance, legal, financial, and other needed services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: At least 2-3 years of direct service experience in social services (working in the field of HIV service preferred). Must be knowledgeable about HIV/AIDS. Experience serving homeless, ex-offenders, individuals living with HIV/AIDS and/or substance abuse population is preferred. Computer proficiency is required as well as the ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, races, sexual orientation and gender identities or expression. Strong organization and time management skills required as well as the ability to work independently. An automobile, valid Drivers License and vehicle insurance coverage is required. Occasional late or weekend hours may be required.
- Manage an assigned caseload of client with HIV/AIDS requiring comprehensive Ryan White Non-Medical Case Management Services.
- Conducts initial intake and ongoing assessments every six months.
- Develop a comprehensive care plan and monitor client’s progress towards improving/stabilizing established care plan goals.
- Refer and link clients to appropriate services within the system of care that promote positive health outcomes, treatment adherence, and greater self-sufficiency.
- Maintain client file, records all activity, and maintain appropriate documentation of eligibility.
- Inputs all data into the client level database in a timely manner.
- Provide access to Emergency Financial Assistance (e.g. food vouchers, utility payment assistance, and transportation vouchers) as needed to promote and maintain positive health outcomes.
- Complete the Certified Application Counselor training with a passing grade as determined by IL Department of Insurance.
- Facilitate enrollment of eligible health center patients and service area residents into affordable health insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace or Medicaid.
- Attends at least 12 training during the contract year to enhance skills and HIV knowledge.
- Submits monthly/quarterly/annually reports on program/client activities in a timely fashion.
- Attends monthly HIV Team meetings and all other relevant program meetings as scheduled.
- Conducts presentations and/or educational workshops on behalf of CCHC.
- Conducts peer chart reviews to ensure continued quality of services.
- Meets with clients at other agency clinic locations as necessary.
This position requires credentialing and privileging with our agency. Once a conditional offer of employment is made, prior to start, the following must be submitted to the HR Department:
- Copy of Government Issued Photo ID (unexpired) for identification
- Copy of Professional License (unexpired)
- Copy of DEA License AND Registration Card (unexpired) as applicable
- Copy of Board Certification as applicable
- Copy of Basic Life Support Certificate (BLS)
- DCFS CANTS Background Screening
- Three (3) Professional Reference Forms
- Fitness for Duty
- Copy of Immunization Records (MMR and Varicella required; Hep B and Flu are recommended)
- Copy of Negative Tuberculosis PPD test results
- CCHC Request for Privileges as applicable
- Completed Training Form (Continuing Medical Education Units (CMEs) or CEUs Form (within past two years; enclosed)) along with Certificates of Completion as applicable
- State Credentialing Form (Needed for Revenue Cycle) as applicable
- Order Official Transcripts, highest level of education