The certified nurse midwife (CNM) will practice within the scope of their license to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized care, based upon knowledge and experience, rules and regulations, and CCHC's department policies.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide health care and wellness care to women; annual exams, writing prescriptions, basic nutrition counseling, patient education, and reproductive health visits.
- Performing routine check-ups to pregnant patients; diagnosing and managing normal pregnancy (prenatal, postpartum)
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Maintains medical records of cases by recording the patient’s medical, obstetrical, family, socio-economic, and dietary history in order to monitor the progress of the patient’s health status.
- Utilizes physical findings, laboratory test results, and patient’s statements to evaluate condition and ensure that patient’s progress is normal.
- Prescribes medications within guidelines of collaborative agreement.
- Family planning, gynecological checkups
- Lead community education groups
- Ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Teaching and counseling individuals and families
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a Master’s degree in nursing
- Technology skills (computer and EMR) experience
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current Illinois APN
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Current BLS certification
- Must be eligible for DEA Certificate and Illinois Controlled Substance License
This position requires credentialing and privileging with our agency. Once a conditional offer of employment is made, prior to start, the following must be submitted to the HR Department:
- Copy of Government Issued Photo ID (unexpired) for identification
- Copy of Professional License (unexpired)
- Copy of DEA License AND Registration Card (unexpired) as applicable
- Copy of Board Certification as applicable
- Copy of Basic Life Support Certificate (BLS)
- DCFS CANTS Background Screening
- Three (3) Professional Reference Forms
- Fitness for Duty
- Copy of Immunization Records (MMR and Varicella required; Hep B and Flu are recommended)
- Copy of Negative Tuberculosis PPD test results
- CCHC Request for Privileges as applicable
- Completed Training Form (Continuing Medical Education Units (CMEs) or CEUs Form (within past two years; enclosed)) along with Certificates of Completion as applicable
- State Credentialing Form (Needed for Revenue Cycle) as applicable
- Order Official Transcripts, highest level of education