Oversees the day-to day operations of the accounting/finance department and revenue cycle department. This position is responsible for all financial and accounting operations/activities of the agency under the supervision of the Director of Finance.
The position ensures all necessary systems are in place for proper internal controls and accounting records in accordance with GAAP and Uniform Guidance and assists the Director of Finance with continuous improvement of financial systems, establishing accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
General Accounting Duties:
Oversees the day-to day operations of the accounting/finance department and revenue cycle department.
- Supervises Accounting Manager and Revenue Cycle Manager.
- Supervise Accounting and Revenue Cycle staff in accordance with organization’s personnel policies, operating procedures, finance manual and applicable federal and state regulations. Coach, train, supervise, assign work, hire and terminate.
- Assist the Director of Finance with profitability analysis and forecasting. Create, implement, and monitor KPIs, Workflows and SOPs for the department
- Oversee implementation of policies, procedures and systems that establish and maintain the integrity and accuracy of CCHC’s financial data and assure compliance with evolving state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures agency/departmental compliance with city, state, federal, HRSA, funding sources and IRS reporting, regulations and guidelines.
- Co-Develop and monitor the annual budget and monthly unaudited statements.
- Monitoring transactions, allocating payments, processing, account maintenance processing
- Oversee and ensure appropriate accruals are processed on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the monitoring of actual expenses vs. budgeted amounts on a monthly basis; work with to the Director of Finance resolve negative budgetary variances.
- Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversees all programs (local, state, federal, foundations city etc. and programs)
- Oversees business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Investigates cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits.
Reports & Schedules:
- Ensures Uniform Guidance Compliance under all State, City Federal, pass through funding and contractual program requirements.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Oversee Annual organizational audit, and program fiscal audits. Oversees pre-audit preparation by assuring that required schedules, reports and documentation are readily available and provided to the auditors.
- Oversee completion of federal reports and budget revisions and tracking of personnel allocation.
- Prepare the financial portion of the UDS report.
- Prepare and annual SEFA schedule.
- Prepare and complete Medicaid and Medicare cost report for annual review for auditors.
- Prepare GATA annual CFR (IDHS) report.
- Prepare an update annual 990 tax schedules and AGIL990 Schedules for annual audit
- Oversee and approve quarterly and annual Federal Financial Reports (FFR) and Payment Management Systems (PMS) quarterly reports.
- Oversee and assist Revenue cycle aging reports, lag reports, cost center reports, other revenue trend reports as needed.
- Oversee and assist Accounting (expenses, grants etc.) reports, lag reports, cost center reports, and another trend reports as needed.
- Resolves complex accounting issues and/or assists other CCHC personnel in resolving financial transactions.
- Completes monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports to include Balance Sheet, Statement of Revenue and Expenditures and Statement of Cash Flows, budget comparison, collection statistics and encounter statistics.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company financial operations
- Prepare other reports as requested from CEO/Director of Finance
- May also require occasional evening or weekend work.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting/Finance required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public accounting.
- At least 2 years working in grants management and/or community health is preferred
- At least 2 year in a management or supervisory role.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications required.
- Ability to prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Experience with MIP is preferred, or other nonprofit software