Duties include but are not limited to general ledger maintenance, payroll support, bank and account reconciliations, financial report preparations and monitoring company-wide internal controls. Strong organizational, problem-solving and time management skills are required. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is needed.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management of the monthly accounting close process
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare daily cash flow reports.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Maintain fixed asset inventory.
- Accounts Receivable management
- Generate monthly financial statements and analysis.
- Assist independent auditors during annual audit.
- Maintain general ledger.
- Verifies all (timely) weekly deposits are inputted into MIP system.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assists finance administration with the annual operating and capital budget processes.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Reconciling general ledger transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Respond to inquiries from other departments to supply accounting and financial data, secure information on operations and problems, and provide advice on fundamental accounting practices and procedures.
- Prepares auditing schedules as it relates to audits, federal, state, city, CFR, (Uniform Guidance) A-133, program financial audits, and annual audit process.
- Prepares financial reports.
- Assists in documenting and monitoring of internal controls. Ensures adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available so that all expenses may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Processes, enters, and assist with Accounts Payables transactions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 3 years of accounting and ADP payroll experience
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is a must
- Must be organized and able to multi-task
- Time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong customer service skill
- MIP experience a plus