|Position: Apartment Maintenance Technician $14-$17/hr.|
|Job Id: 422|
|# of Openings: 0|
Are you a seasoned property management professional in maintenance industry, who happens to be looking for advancement/growth opportunity, along with a competitive salary and benefits package working with one of the nation's most reputable management companies? Look no further than Hayman Company, a leading privately-held Management Company, who believes our most valuable asset is our people.
We are seeking an experienced Apartment Maintenance Technician for our 406 unit community in Lansing. Your job duties will include, but not limited to, general maintenance of all building systems, completing resident service requests, maintaining community curb appeal, and preparing apartment homes for new move-ins.
• Working knowledge of residential and commercial mechanics including but not limited to: Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pool maintenance, irrigation, water mains and electrical shut-offs
• Maintain, diagnose and repair electrical, plumbing (copper, PEX, PVC), HVAC, boiler, water tank, carpentry and other building systems
• Assists Maintenance Supervisor manage contractor projects and services and reports deficiencies immediately
• Document and close completed work orders and service requests, to include Resident follow-up and communication log
• Assists with administration of maintenance functions and accurate tracking of inventory for replacement, repair and maintenance
• Conducts routine interval inspections for move-in and moveout and preventative maintenance whilst notifying the Maintenance Supervisor/Property Manager of any applicable Resident charges
• Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
• Assumes responsibility for maintenance tasks in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, consistently leads by example
• Compliance with company standards as defined in the Employee Policy Manual, Operations and Maintenance Manuals and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
• Prepare vacant apartments for high-quality make-ready status. Tasks include and not limited to the following: Drywall repairs, tile, windows, safety equipment, blind replacement, HVAC and appliance servicing, electrical, plumbing, scheduling vendors, re-keying locks, and system status updates
• Snow removal is required as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager
• Maintain common areas and grounds. Daily frequent inspections (and checklist) is required to remove litter, debris, cigarette butts, and pet waste
• Maintain a clean and organized work space to include the Maintenance Shop
• Any other assigned duties
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Some college and/or trade school preferred
• Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, Section 608) strongly preferred
• Two to four years industry experience or related general contract maintenance experience
• Certified Pool Operator (CPO) preferred
• Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) preferred
• General understanding of the Microsoft Suite
• Experience working with Yardi property management software, Compliance Depot and/or Conservice preferred
• Must possess a valid driver license and automobile insurance
On call hours are required on a rotated basis.
Benefits available include (for full-time positions only, waiting periods may apply):
Come Join Our Team Today!!
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|