Controls Engineer (Programmer)
About Compass Systems and Sales:
Compass Systems is the world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide Segregation Capabilities for the various Alloys of Aluminum Scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
You can trust Compass to point the way to the most efficient solution.
This candidate is primarily responsible for PLC and HMI programming to control and interface to our custom designed material handling equipment. Also, the candidate should be able to read and design electrical schematics including power, control and field wiring. The candidate is also required to travel to customer’s facilities to do electrical troubleshooting and commissioning of equipment.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create PLC programs using primarily Rockwell RSLogix and Siemens TIA Portal
- Create HMI applications primarily using Rockwell FactoryTalk View and Siemens WinCC
- Understand electrical power and control schematics
- Understand field installation drawings
- Ability to work with and interface with internal project managers and external customers
The position requires knowledge of the following:
- Siemens TIA Portal and WinCC programming software
- Siemens G120 series AC drives
- Rockwell RSLogix and FactoryTalk programming language
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?