Machinist Job Description
Compass Systems and Sales LLC, a custom engineering and fabricator of material conveying systems, is seeking a Machinist for our Barberton, Ohio location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous machining
- Motivated individual possessing the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply common sense in understanding and carrying out instructions furnished in oral, written and diagrammatic form; locate and identify problems involving technical set up and operating malfunctions, take measurements, and use technical mathematics.
- Strong mechanical ability
- Demonstrates positive safety attitude.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, motorized lift equipment, hand held assembly tools
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours and able to lift up to 75 lbs.
About Compass Systems:
Compass Systems is a world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide segregation capabilities for the various alloys of aluminum scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets (pulp and paper, converting, agriculture, etc.) to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
Why a Career with Compass?
- Growing organization
- 9/80 Work Schedule
- Collaborative work environment
- Compass Systems and Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer