FIELD SERVICE MANAGER
ABOUT COMPASS SYSTEMS:
Compass Systems is a world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide segregation capabilities for the various alloys of aluminum scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets (pulp and paper, converting, agriculture, etc.) to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
Compass Systems and Sales, LLC is seeking a Field Service Manager to create a field service strategy and program while managing a team of field service engineers and technicians.
As a Field Service Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Creating a best-in-class field service strategy and program that supports the needs of our growing customer base while achieving revenue objectives. This program will feature a strong foundation of predictive maintenance, installation support, inspection, and down machine repair
- Providing strategic and tactical guidance to a team of field service engineers and technicians
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer, company management, and customers to coordinate and deliver on strategic and tactical objectives
- Helping develop, manage, and improve procedures to promote efficient work processes and designs
- Training customers’ plant personnel on the proper usage and maintenance of Compass Systems solutions
- Partnering with customers and recommending value-added services that will help their businesses run more efficiently
- Serving as a member of the account team for key accounts. Effectively engaging commercial counterparts, identifying potential sales leads, participating in sales opportunities such as contract renewals, and assisting with promoting and implementing revenue programs
- Focusing on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with customers to ultimately become a perceived partner in their businesses
- Keeping up to date with competitor information and market trends
- Identifying business opportunities for the organization
- Special projects as assigned
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
This role includes a maximum of 25% travel in the continental United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline from an accredited four-year college or university
- 7 or more years of related experience
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of field service engineers/technicians
- Strong project management skills
- Tolerance for ambiguity and ability to develop programs, procedures, tools, and processes that will meet business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service environment
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
- Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit, and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications