Title: Turning Center Machinist
Location: Cape Canaveral, FL
Clearance: None Required
Req #: 1958
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Set-up and operate Manual and CNC Lathes
- Program CNC Lathes (Use of GibbsCam, SolidWorks and MasterCam a plus)
- Machine parts to prints and CAD models
- Experience with inspecting parts using micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, and various other inspection equipment
- Proficient at blueprint reading and understanding of geometric dimensioning & tolerencing (GD&T)
- Ability to select proper tooling to manufacture complex details
- Perform prescribed preventive maintenance on machines as required per PM schedules
- Maintain high level of quality as identified by customer requirements
- Experience troubleshooting machining issues with various types of Manual and CNC lathes
- Strong Programming skills and experience with CNC Lathes and hard requirement
- Experience machining of tight tolerance parts is a requirement for this position
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to work Second shift.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years progressive experience in a manufacturing machining environment
- Must be self-motivated, organized and able to work in fast pace environment
- Possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a rapidly changing set of objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to remain flexible with working schedules, to include overtime, evenings, and weekends as needed is an essential requirement of the position
- Have worked on a fast paced and high volume environment
- Work with speed, accuracy, and maintain a sense of urgency
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to mentor junior machinists
Craig Technologies is an EEO Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
***All candidates selected will be subject to a security background investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information. ***