Operations Coordinator for Multi-Family Housing
Location: Brewery District, Free Parking Provided!
Who We Are:
Woda Cooper Companies, Inc. and its affiliates are a rapidly growing, vertically integrated development, construction, and property management organization headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. The organization specializes in providing quality affordable housing throughout the Midwest and Central Atlantic regions. Woda Management & Real Estate, LLC (“WM&RE”), the property management organization, currently manages over 10,000 housing units in over 300 housing communities. The management company has a concentration specifically on communities funded via the LIHTC program, Rural Development, and HUD Section 8, and other affordable programs. WM&RE has implemented Yardi Voyager software throughout its portfolio.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that the Community or Communities assigned operate in compliance and communicate with all governmental and lender regulations, and investors. Provide guidance and assistance to the Regional, District/Area, and Community managers in the portfolio.
What is Needed:
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience working in affordable housing programs including one of more of the following: LIHTC, USDA Rural Development, Section 8, HOME a plus
- Strong computer skills required
- Experience with and Yardi Voyager a plus
- Position requires travel to Community and/or Community locations and surrounding markets
- Familiarity with Fair Housing laws required
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with basic accounting
- Experience with RD 515 preferred.
You will assist Senior Operations staff with the following:
- Rent Schedule preparation, revisions, and input into Yardi
- Budget preparation and applicable RD, HUD, investor, lender, etc. approval.
- USDA RD billings, processing through MINC, and assigning RA
- HUD (HAP) billings and processing through TRACS
- PHA subsidy monitoring where applicable
- Investor reporting
- Schedule and maintain a calendar of SHFA, RD, HUD, investor, lender and other audits and reviews for the communities in the region.
- Upload documentation the company shared drive
- Complete tax-credit delivery schedule for communities in lease-up or rehab.
- Review template management agreements and management plans and provide comments as circumstances change.
- Prepare management agreements and management plans as needed for existing and new developments.
- Prepare documents for development staff for LIHTC applications and other funding applications.
- Prepare all Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans with all attachments (including community contact letters) for proposed properties as well as existing properties.
- Implement bulletin board procedure and ensure all postings are complete and current.
- PIS meetings as applicable for SHFA's, USDA RD, etc.
- Send proper documents to compliance auditors on lease up and acquisition rehabs.
- Prepares and completes state reporting for all sites in the super region.
- EIV tracking
- Process utility allowance changes and renewals
- Assist with ledger clean up as needed.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive wages and annual bonus opportunities. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 25K Company-Paid Life Insurance Policy
- 401K with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Gym Membership Reimbursements
- Cell Phone Discount
- Paid time off, including 6 paid holidays
If interested, please submit your resume for consideration.