Medical Receptionist - Ful Time - West Frankfort Family Practice
Compensation: $10.50 to $15.50 hrly range; starting rate depending on credentials, education and medical reception experience
Benefits Offered: Life, Dental, Medical, Vision, 401(k), Long Term Disability & more...
Employment Type: Full-Time
Why Work Here?
“Awesome people, great benefits and great schedule!”
Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone, schedule appointments and process all calls accordingly.
- Look up patient account numbers for scanning & scan medical records into the computer system.
- Greet and direct patients, salespeople and visitors.
- Update appointment schedules and verify patient demographics and insurance information for accuracy as the appointment is made. Scanning & making adjustments to their records when necessary.
- Check-out & check-in patients and collect and/or provide patients with proper paperwork to complete and return.
- Instructs new patients in completion of medical history and information forms. Once returned, responsible for the entry of the information into the system.
- Collecting co-pays and account balances from patients prior to treatment.
- Collection of bad-debt accounts and explaining to those patients that payment must be made prior to treatment.
- Processing outgoing mail accordingly.
- Utilizes fax machines, assists users, sends faxes and retrieves and routes incoming faxes to the appropriate personnel as needed.
- Prepare medical records and process medical requests accordingly.
- Process daily charges, enter co-pays and daily balances and process any leftover charges from previous day.
- Inform the billing department of any insurance or account balance problems.
- Calling or faxing in referrals to specialist providers.
- Verification of pre-certifications and/or referrals for services.
- Perform daily balance of cash drawer and prepare deposit for bank.
- Assisting any other front office position as needed when necessary.
- Responsible for turning on the answering machine or voicemail attendant.
- Work schedule may be subject to change based on the staffing needs of the department.
- Other duties may be assigned.
About Capital Medical Group:
Capital Medical Group is a multi-specialty corporation. We are dedicated to providing quality, accessible, innovative medical care and outstanding service to our patients. Our services consist of Family, Heart, Imaging, Occupational, and Aesthetics, in-house Laboratory & billing departments. We have offices in Frankfort and Lawrenceburg, KY with 100+ employees overall.
We believe that each employee contributes directly to Capital Medical Group's growth and success and we hope you will take pride in being a member of our team.