Infinity Technology, LLC, a nationally recognized information technology and professional services company, is currently seeking a OPSEC/Construction Security Specialist II. The OPSEC Construction Security Specialist is responsible for providing instruction in construction security at the Diplomatic Security Training Center (DSTC). The incumbent works under the guidance of the Program Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs Cleared American guard (CAG), Construction Surveillance Technician (CST), Construction Security Manager (CSM) and Site Security Manager (SSM) students in the protection of U.S. Department of State construction projects from technical compromise utilizing visual and technical inspection equipment.
- Presents hands-on instruction, lectures and briefings on the following topics, not limited to:
- Technical espionage prevention
- Construction Surveillance Technician and Cleared American Guard policies, procedures and techniques
- Cleared American Escort procedures and techniques
- Site Security Manager policies, procedures and techniques.
- Coordinates students, instructors, facilities and classrooms to deliver the training.
- Writes technical security lesson plans, administrative and self-study guides, presentation and other training materials. Compiles and maintains syllabi and lesson plans.
- Ensures that individual professional development records are maintained after teaching each course.
- Provides research services and advises program office personnel on national and international developments in construction security.
- Monitors the depletion rate of supplies, materials and equipment; notifies appropriate staff on low inventory or damaged equipment as required.
- Participates with other agencies/working groups to enhance training as required.
- Employs applicable Department of State security standards and procedures to protect national security information.
- Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Travels to other U.S. or foreign training sites is occasionally required but not expected to exceed 25% of total work time.
- Employee will require some supervision and has a growing opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Combination of education and experience equivalent to six to nine (6-9) years of specialized experience in physical security, construction surveillance, or law enforcement.
- Ability to become a certified instructor within six (6) months of assignment.
- Intermediate knowledge of national and international security technology as it applies to construction security.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hostile intelligence services and their methods of operation.
- Ability to demonstrate security practices required for safeguarding classified information in secure and non-secure environments.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and implement construction security policies, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate actions effectively with students, training coordinators, managers, and construction professionals, both within and outside the Department.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (SharePoint, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to stand/walk/bend for long periods and lift medium to heavy objects.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive an official U.S. government van/sedan as required.
Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Now is an exciting time to become a part of our enthusiastic, highly professional team. We are looking for candidates that want to contribute and be part of a dynamic team where everyone's ideas and contributions make a difference.
In return for your expertise, Infinity offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualifications in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to paid holidays and Paid Time Off.
Infinity Technology, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Infinity Technology provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Disclaimer: The above position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.