Infinity Technology, LLC, a nationally recognized information technology and professional services company, is currently seeking a Logistics Technician I. The Logistics Technician specializes in all tasks associated with property, training equipment, repair parts and classroom supplies, and provides logistical support to maximize the accountability of Program Office property and assets domestically and overseas. The incumbent works under the close guidance of the Program Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides data and information on property, training equipment, repair parts, and classroom supplies to the Program Office for the funding and financial planning of its programs
- Searches for and analyzes information on Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS) and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and traces sequences of transactions to resolve issues
- Tracks Program Office storeroom inventories, stock control and procurement activities using the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Works closely with instructional experts on issuing stock and managing equipment life-cycle requirements
- Monitors usage transactions, tracks the timing of reorder actions and verifies cost changes for parts. Evaluates fluctuations in rates of usage and adjusts procurement lead times for approved acquisitions
- Performs continuous evaluation of storeroom stocks to ensure that optimum levels of inventory are maintained
- Follows correct procedures for procuring, storing, and issuing stocks. Ensures that all inventories and stock transactions are updated in CMMS. Sets reorder points in CMMS for storeroom replenishment
- Coordinates the disposal of surplus and excess property with property management staff.
- Assists with planning the layout of storage areas
- Provides supply and inventory usage data and reports upon requests to the Program Office.
- Tracks purchase requests (PR) and purchase orders (PO) generated in CMMS and/or with Supply Request Forms (SRF)
- Ensures that equipment needing repair, return to vendor or disposal, is properly processed and delivered or shipped. Coordinates with equipment manufacturers for the repair and/or return of repaired items; supply vendors on obtaining price quotes; OCONUS representatives for shipping of equipment and supplies; and the assigned supply chain management company for issues concerning procurement, receipt, and delivery of equipment and supplies purchased
- Prepares training equipment and inventory stocks for overseas shipping to support the Program Office in- service training program. Ensures that cargo is properly inspected, packaged and labeled in accordance with state, local, federal, and international guidelines. Maintains an adequate supply of shipping supplies to ensure the support of all training missions. Coordinates with external support agencies and overseas counterparts to schedule and verify shipments. Ensures their compliance with shipping and receiving regulations and procedures
- Assists the Accountable Property Officer in completing annual inventory reconciliation of all administrative property, CMMS capital assets, classroom equipment, and storeroom inventories in the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS). Maintains detailed historical records for all property transactions in the Program Office
- Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work.
- High School diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent technical training. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in logistical and inventory management disciplines
- Knowledge of established inventory management and supply systems (e.g. Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS)) preferred
- Knowledge of Federal procurement regulations, policies and procedures preferred
- Knowledge of military, law enforcement, and/or Government security operations, programs, plans and relationships preferred
- Skill in providing good customer service
- Skill in organizing, managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Skill in oral and written communication to prepare documents and coordinate work with others;
- Ability to research and analyze information quickly
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to meet physical requirements (walking, standing, bending and lifting of medium to heavy objects).
Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Now is an exciting time to become a part of our enthusiastic, highly professional team. We are looking for candidates that want to contribute and be part of a dynamic team where everyone's ideas and contributions make a difference.
In return for your expertise, Infinity offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualifications in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to paid holidays and Paid Time Off.
Infinity Technology, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Infinity Technology provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Disclaimer: The above position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.