Infinity Technology, LLC, a nationally recognized information technology and professional services company, is currently seeking a Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor IV. The Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor provides subject matter expertise and instruction in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance and repair of electrical systems, electronic systems, hydraulic systems, computer network equipment, installation of infrastructure, copper power, communication and signal wiring, coaxial cable and fiber optics and associated equipment. The incumbent works independently and requires infrequent supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides mentoring, guidance and training to lower level instructors. Assists with instructor scheduling, proficiency and training plans.
- May serve as a Senior Lock Instructor, specializing in the performance of GSA Security Container inspection, neutralization and repair; vault door neutralization and repair; and installation, maintenance and repair of Diplomatic Security approved security hardware.
- May represent the Diplomatic Security Training Center on the Interagency Committee for Securing Classified Information.
- Designs and presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings to audiences on the following technical security topics:
- Security Systems Standards Review and Inspection
- Electrical Systems including Power Regulators and Uninterruptable Power Supplies
- National Electric Code
- Electronic Fundamentals
- Basic Computer Networking
- Fiber Optic Installation
- Pedestrian and Vehicle Screening Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Access Denial Systems
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Public Address and Announcing Systems
- Closed Circuit TV Security Systems
- IP Based Video Surveillance Systems
- Security Management Systems
- Physical Security Systems
- Electric and Hydraulically Operated Vehicle Arrest Systems
- Operation of GSA Approved Security Containers and DS Approved Locking Devices
- GSA Security Container inspection, neutralization and repair, and installation maintenance and repair of DS approved security hardware
- Works closely with Instructional Design, Systems Development and Manufacturers to develop and deliver technical security system training syllabi/curriculum/ lesson plans, presentation media, administrative/self- study guides, and trainee reference manuals for technical security devices, systems and procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Coordinates students, instructors, facilities, and classrooms for fundamental training course delivery.
- Sets up and operates audio-visual equipment required in support of curriculum delivery.
- Ensures that individual professional development records are maintained at the conclusion of each course in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Monitors inventory of security technical equipment and facilitate classrooms for training.
- Employs applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect national security information.
- Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Travels frequently and/or for extended periods to U.S. and foreign training sites.
- Employee exercises independent judgment and initiative on a daily basis and requires infrequent supervision; recommends improvements to the training curriculum.
- Master’s degree from an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications or equivalent technical training. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Fifteen or more (15+) years’ experience in Government technical security installation or instruction in 90% or more of the security disciplines listed above.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in public speaking and giving briefings or instruction to groups of ten or more people.
- To serve as a Senior Lock Instructor, twenty (20) years’ experience in the commercial sector performing GSA Security Container inspection, neutralization and repair; and installation, maintenance and repair of DS approved security hardware.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Two (2) years as a level III instructor preferred.
- Subject matter expertise in a minimum of 90% of the full Technical Security Systems Curriculum, or be a fully qualified Subject Matter Expert in GSA Security Container inspection, neutralization and repair; and installation, maintenance and repair of DS approved security hardware.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various National Codes such as the National Electric Code and OSHA safety regulations, as well as Department of State installation requirements.
- Ability to explain advanced technical concepts to trainees with various degrees of technical knowledge and ability: from end user system operators, Regional Security Officers, who must understand system capabilities and how they can best be employed for the protection of American lives, Classified National Security Information, and US Government Property, to highly technically trained and experienced technicians and Electrical Engineers with years’ of experience in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of Technical Security Systems.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive an official U.S. government van/sedan.
Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Now is an exciting time to become a part of our enthusiastic, highly professional team. We are looking for candidates that want to contribute and be part of a dynamic team where everyone's ideas and contributions make a difference.
In return for your expertise, Infinity offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualifications in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to paid holidays and Paid Time Off.
Infinity Technology, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Infinity Technology provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Disclaimer: The above position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.