Job Title: Capital Planning Lead
Infinity Technology, LLC, a nationally recognized information technology and professional services company, is currently seeking a Capital Planning Lead to work at our client site, Department of Interior, Washington DC. This position is contingent on contract award.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support monthly Capital Planning Working Team Meetings to include developing meeting materials, presenting, and document notes and action items resulting from the meetings;
- Assist in the development of policies/memos/directives related to Capital Planning;
- Assist in the development of annual IT Capital Planning (Formulation) Approach, Implementation, and Analysis;
- Budget/Portfolio Formulation & Portfolio Development Support;
- Coordinate, develop schedules, develop guidance, and perform analysis on the following IT budget submissions:
- IT Capital Planning Phase (Formulation);
- Initial Submission;
- Passback submission.
- Assist SPPI in creating guidance materials for Bureaus and Offices, and provide guidance and support;
- Perform Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) Control Phase Services such as monthly dashboard submissions to OMB and CIO rating updates;
- Assist Strategy, Portfolio Planning and Integration (SPPI) with IT Investment Performance Baseline Management including
- Review bureau and offices Performance Baseline Change Requests (PBCR) for quality and completeness;
- Facilitate resolutions to inquiries that may result during the review of the PBCR;
- Develop Record of Decision.
- Assist in building the Department-wide Agency IT Portfolio Summary and corresponding IT budget submission components;
- Assist in building the Department-wide set of Major Business Cases, Major Business Case Details, and Standard Investment Reports for submission to OMB and other purposes;
- Develop Portfolio Profiles for bureaus and offices to document changes between submissions;
- Work with Bureaus and Offices to develop the IT Budget Submission requirements, perform data validations, resolve errors, and ensure the investment data is complete in advance of internal DOI and OMB submissions;
- Assist OCIO in responding to data calls regarding the portfolio;
- Mentor Bureau and Office Capital Planners/Portfolio Managers on how to improve their IT portfolio management and governance processes, including assistance with:
- Recent changes in guidance from OMB, GAO, or other external entities with influence on capital planning;
- IT Investment Baseline Management;
- Opportunities to improve their business cases.Assist in preparation and presentation of formal presentation materials;
- Assist OCIO IT Infrastructure PMs investment managers in the management and reporting of Standard Investments;
- Serve as an eCPIC/Folio administrator, manage user accounts, create custom processes, link investment to portfolios, revise portfolios, submit to the IT Dashboard, etc.;
- Assist with migration from eCPIC to Folio;
- Collect and review CPIC related documents, such as investment artifacts, and provide feedback on quality and completeness;
- Develop CPIC artifacts;
- Complete and/or assist Bureaus and Offices in completing OMB and OCIO data calls;
- Perform analysis on DOI’s IT portfolio and make recommendations;
- Provide capital planning services to the Office of the Secretary;
- Perform reviews/assessments of IT investment data to ensure complete submissions to the OMB IT Dashboard of monthly performance data;
- Provide training on CPIC related topics;
- Attend capital planning related working groups/Communities of Practice internal and external to DOI;
- Support ad hoc and emerging General Accountability Office (GAO) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) requirements.
- Must be able to pass a government background investigation
- Minimum of seven (7) years previous related experience
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required
Now is an exciting time to become a part of our enthusiastic, highly professional team. We are looking for candidates that want to contribute and be part of a dynamic team where everyone's ideas and contributions make a difference.
In return for your expertise, Infinity offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualifications in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to paid holidays and Paid Time Off.
Infinity Technology, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Infinity Technology provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Disclaimer: The above position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.