SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
If you are a full stack developer looking for a great new challenge, this is the role for you. We are looking to add to our development team in order to attack aggressive goals to revamp our websites and custom software applications. You are a strong team player who is driven to work hard to meet the growing needs of our customers.
At NewPoint, we partner as a team to passionately develop and deliver innovative, integrated marketing solutions to the real estate industry by bringing new excitement to our brands with a full range of business services.
We are a high performing organization and work together as a team of passionate collaborators who are constantly going above and beyond to deliver exceptional customer service. Everyone is connected, everyone is talking to one another, all of us own our actions. We believe in personal accountability, collaboration, transparency, finding meaning in our work, having fun and good old-fashioned friendliness.
Culture is vital to the success of NewPoint and it is crucial that the members on our team encompass our culture, effortlessly.
What your day will look like-
- Design and develop code to requirements following best practices
- Write and perform unit tests on all code
- Provide adequate documentation both within code and externally
- Work appropriately with code management tools including branching and merging
- Estimate and deliver on tasks as assigned by project management
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Mentor junior engineers and help set best practices for the team
What you'll need to succeed-
- Strong understanding of AGILE practices and procedures
- Experience in Cloud based Application Development
- Experience working with AWS Technologies /Cloud experience
- Strong knowledge of web frameworks such as .NET, React, etc.
- Strong experience of design patterns including MVC, MVVM, etc.
- Strong of security compliance
- Strong fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Strong understanding of database principals for both SQL snd NOSQL technologies
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong experience of API architectures including REST
- Works with a UI/UX/Front End developer/designer to implement UI/UX and integrate with application code
- Experience with Docker and concepts of containerization, scaling, and service-oriented architecture
- Strong technical leadership and mentoring skills
- 8+ years of experience
Benefits & Perks
- Paid holidays and unlimited PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life and Disability, FSA, HSA and matching 401k
- Casual dress
- Collaborative and energetic work environment with other motivated, career-driven professionals