Job Description- Electrician-Maintenance Repair
Reports To: Manager, Systems Engineering
Supervises/Directs Others: No
NOTE: Add this description to the Job Profile for Maintenance Repair.
Provides general maintenance and electrical repair support to production operations on the evening shift in order to maintain operating efficiency.
- Able to work without close supervision
- Able to analyze simple to moderately complex electrical – mechanical problems
- Able to change tasks as needed due to changing production demands
- Able to develop a safe work plan.
Skills & Knowledge
- Electrical knowledge equivalent to a electrical technician/ installer
- Able to read Schematics and basic ladder logic
- Full knowledge of circuitry (240, 400 3ph), testing and equipment
- Facilities electrical systems including HVAC Systems
- Mechanical knowledge approaching a journeyman certification .
- (See Maintenance Repair Job Profile for details)
- Use ammeters, multimeters, and other equipment to test connections, trace circuits and ensure the compatibility and safety of components.
- Maintain wiring, fuses, contactors, relays and other components for manufacturing equipment
- Replace items such as circuit breakers, fuses, switches, relays, electrical and electronic components and wire
- Use hand tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers, as well as power tools such as drills, saws and knockout equipment.
- Periodically inspect all equipment to ensure it is operating properly and to correct problems before breakdowns occur.
- Respond to facility emergencies and equipment breakdowns
- Troubleshoot equipment failures using electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Consult with Electronic Techs and Electrical Engineers as needed
- Perform lock-out on equipment as needed
- Adjust and change existing PLC programs at workcenters using portable PC
3-5- years experience in heavy manufacturing.