Nirvana Health Services
220 E. Central Parkway, Suite 2070
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
JOB DESCRIPTION: Physical Therapist
Nirvana Health Services is looking for a dynamic Physical Therapist in St Cloud, FL area to join our ever growing therapy department.
- Graduate of an accredited school
- Current license as a Physical Therapist in the state(s) of practice.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- Current driver's license, good driving record, and reliable transportation.
- CPR certification.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Reports to: Director of Rehabilitation
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Physical Therapist will provide care to patients based on the application of scientific physical therapy principles. Responsibilities of the Physical Therapist include (but are not limited to):
- Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability
- Reviews physician's referral (prescription) and patient's condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required
- Tests and measures patient's strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs
- Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patient to perform various physical activities, such as non manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistant and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses
- Administers treatments involving application of physical agents, using equipment, such as hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines
- Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit
- Records treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enters information into computer.