Nirvana Health Services
220 E. Central Parkway, Suite 2070
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
JOB DESCRIPTION: REGISTERED NURSE
Provides services to clients in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, agency policy, and accepted professional standards of practice. The Registered Nurse provides nursing services utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing theory and nursing process, and communicates/documents observations and assessments.
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor/Nurse Case Manager
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN, PHN preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- Current driver's license, good driving record, and reliable transportation.
- CPR certification.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and standards for home health nursing.
- Performs comprehensive assessments of client status, including physical, psychosocial, and environmental parameters.
- Develops and/or follows an individualized Plan of Care that incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings.
- Provides skilled interventions aimed at achieving realistic client outcomes within a specified time period.
- Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update the care plan to reflect progress towards goals (outcomes).
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice:
- Assessment skills as applied to the client, family/support system, and environment.
- Teaching skills according to the client's needs and within the context of the client's environment, value system, and physical/emotional status.
- Medication administrations.
- Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences.
- Communicates effectively and in accordance with agency requirements.
- Reports significant changes in client status to the physician and other members of the team in a timely manner consistent with client needs.
- Maintains client records showing systematic assessment, planning intervention, and evaluation.
- Documents legibly and according to agency documentation guidelines and standards.
- Initiates actions to improve the quality of patient care. Takes appropriate actions independently and responsively in home care situations. Initiates referrals as needed to other health team members when delegated by the Case Manager.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
- Assesses safety of environment and takes initiative to help prevent accidents and promote safety.
- Participates in ongoing, professional self-development.
- Participates in all mandatory education per agency guidelines.
- Identifies needs for personal professional growth.
- Demonstrates competency in areas of assignment or identifies the need for additional training (pediatrics, infusion, specialized equipment, etc.).
- Supervises applicable home care team members as delegated by RN Case Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.