Do you have a passion for graphic design? Does designing for an equestrian clothing company sound exciting to you? Kerrits is looking for a versatile Graphic Designer to join the team and assist the Art Director with visual communication for our growing brand.
Since 1986 we have been dedicated to inspiring, supporting and creating products for women and girls who ride and love horses. From our home in the Columbia River Gorge, a mecca for outdoor sports, we partner with professional riders, ambassadors, and customers across the world to listen to their feedback to help create each season's collection. The staff at Kerrits are a group of athletic women and riders who strive to be true to the unique needs and values of equestrians. Dedicated to the path of creating a responsible and sustainable connection between the earth, horse, and rider, Kerrits is proud to be a member of the Equestrian Land Conservancy, use fabrics produced in ethical and environmentally conscious ways, and manufacture the majority of our products in the USA.
The Graphic Designer will work on the following project examples: product catalogs, print advertising, look-books, website imagery and graphics, social media content, email campaign imagery and layouts, retail and tradeshow support materials, product and lifestyle photoshoots, and on-product branding.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Creating visual compositions to connect, inform and inspire our horse loving and riding customers, the successful candidate will be able to integrate the brand story and visual identity with fresh creative across multiple touch-points. This hands-on position requires proven ability to take projects from concept to production, covering printed materials and on-product branding, to working with imagery and graphics for social, web and email. The Graphic Designer will work closely with our marketing and product staff to identify seasonal stories, and then help create a plan for campaign ideation, from storyline development to content creation and final deliverables.
- 3-5+ years as a professional Graphic Designer
- Strong design and production skillset using the latest Adobe Creative Suite and standard tools of a modern design studio to create both print and digital assets including e-mail.
- Ability to work creatively with apparel illustrations, studio and on-location imagery to communicate seasonal stories
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to work confidently under pressure, meet vital deadlines, and execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Positive and clear verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate design concepts effectively
- Ability to incorporate feedback and guidance on design concepts during presentations
- Ability to collaborate with other staff and partners and positively contribute to the success of the group
- Knowledge of athletic apparel trends and equestrian community a plus
- This is a full-time, in-house position at our Portland office but candidate will be required to work out of our headquarters in Bingen, WA (across the bridge from Hood River, OR, 2-4 times a month.
- Health insurance program - Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with option to match up to 4%
- Profit sharing plan
If you are looking for a reliable career opportunity working with fellow creative equestrians in Portland and the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, please apply here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.