Solid Biosciences is seeking a (Senior) Associate Scientist to join our Manufacturing and Process Development team and contribute to the development of our upstream Phase III and commercial viral vector manufacturing process. This individual will join a dynamic and motivated team to develop and characterize unit operations in support of a mid to late stage viral vector program, as well as tech transfer of the process to the clinical/commercial manufacturing team.
The successful candidate will support development, characterization, scale-up, and transfer of the upstream manufacturing processes. S/he will also be responsible for evaluation and implementation of new and existing technology.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with supervisor to design, plan and conduct cell culture experiments using high throughput cell culture models, benchtop bioreactors and/or pilot scale Single Use Bioreactors
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of cultures and bioreactor processes, including sampling and performing basic assays
- Perform data analysis, prepare technical reports, SOPs, internal and external presentations
- Coordinate with other departments and outside vendors for repair, maintenance, and/or calibration of laboratory equipment and systems· Ordering, stocking, and organization of lab supplies
- Preparation of reagents, media/buffer, and equipment as needed to support experiments· Maintain good communication and effective collaboration with colleagues
- Performs other related duties and ad hoc projects as required by position
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry with 2+ years or Master’s degree equivalent related fields with 0 – 2 years relevant industrial experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field with 2+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry experience with bioreactors systems of various scales including high-throughput bioreactors, spinner tubes, spinner flasks, benchtop bioreactors, WAVE bioreactors, and single-use pilot-scale bioreactors
- Experience with early stage process development and late stage process characterization is desirable
- Solid understanding and application of scientific and technical knowledge in gene therapy or mammalian cell culture processes
- Knowledge of the principles and concepts around bioreactor scale-up
- Support new technology evaluations and innovation projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel or other programming language (R, Python, MATLAB)· The candidate should be self-motivated, accountable, inquisitive, and have excellent organization and communication skills.