Solid Biosciences is seeking for Principal Associate Scientist to join our Process Development team and contribute to the development of our downstream Phase III and commercial viral vector manufacturing process. The successful applicate will join a motivated and dynamic team who will be responsible for working with fellow scientists in contributing to process development downstream activities related to viral vectors.
Principal Associate Scientist requires working knowledge of biochemistry, related principles of filtration, TFF and chromatography.
Key Duties & Accountabilities:
- Develop and execute robust, scalable purification process for gene therapy viral vectors ranging from purification, filtration, and analytical characterization
- Perform data analysis on the performed and related activities, design hypothesis and test to improve process related to recovery or scalability, prepare technical reports, SOPs, internal and external presentations
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new and existing technologies to improve process efficiency, control, and understanding
- Ensure effective, high-quality, timely and appropriate documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks
- Effectively maintain good communication and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues for successful execution/completion of project
- Prepare reagents, buffers, and equipment as needed to support experiments
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or equivalent related fields with 8+ years relevant industrial experience required
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field with 5+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry preferred
- Strong hands-on experience in protein/viral vector related purification techniques such as filtration, chromatography, TFF, UF/DF, AKTA, UNICORN and HPLC systems. Experience with different modes of chromatography is desirable
- Knowledge and skills in biochemical characterization of proteins/viral vectors including analytical and biophysical techniques
- The candidate should be self-motivated, accountable, inquisitive, and have excellent organization and communication skills
- Up to 15% travel may be requested at times