Responsible for supporting the corporate communications, marketing, public relations and investor relations functions to ensure an accurate understanding of the company story and a consistent, timely flow of information about Company to external shareholders. Supports the organization’s patient advocacy efforts.
Key Duties & Accountabilities:
Investor Relations -
- Assists with the development, implementation and execution of an integrated IR strategy in consultation with the VP, Comms/IR and cross functional partners
- Serve as backup to VP of IR/Comms in maintaining relations with institutional investors, key retail investors and analysts.
- Plan, coordinate, participate and manage investor outreach and logistics for IR events including road shows, investor conferences, one on one meeting, corporate conference calls, R&D day, calls/dinner with experts
- Support VP of IR/Comms by preparing analyses and key messages for all external financial communications, including earnings press releases, conference calls, SEC filings and other disclosures, Annual Report, management Q&As and backgrounders etc.
- Collaborates with Head of IR/Comms to drive corporate thematic messages, ensuring consistency of messaging both internally and externally and ensuring messaging to all stakeholders is consistent with overall Corporate communications strategy
- Supports overall communications activities including writing, event planning, corporate reputation building, media monitoring, organization and documentation, and research
- Develops and reviews content for the corporate website, employee communications, press releases, corporate newsletters and more
- Liaises with external stakeholders, including public relations and digital agencies, patient groups, and the media as needed
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Investor Relations, Public Relations, Communications or related field
- Scientific knowledge/expertise preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in biotech/pharma industry with a focus on investor relations and communications preferred
- Strong understanding of SEC disclosure rules and regulations required
- Strong knowledge of digital communications channels including social media
- Willingness and ability to take on a variety of projects with attention to deadlines
- Positive and adaptable attitude, to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team, with colleagues of different disciplines and knowledge levels
- A proven track record of developing productive relationships with the investment community
- Thrives on working in a dynamic team-centered environment, with multiple touchpoints with different internal groups