EnrichedLIFE Director (Activities Director)
Methuen, Massachusetts, United States · Methuen Village
The EnrichedLIFE Director manages a comprehensive program for active Assisted Living residents with the goal of enhancing their social, intellectual, creative, spiritual and physical well-being. The EnrichedLIFE Director instructs and supervises assistants, Resident Care Associates (RCAs) and volunteers in their participation in EnrichedLIFE programming, and serves as a liaison with family members, the larger community and care providers.
- Manage the implementation of the EnrichedLIFE program objectives, policies and procedures
- Develop, schedule, organize, oversee and implement all programs for residents, customized to the resident population’s interests
- Contact and book appropriate entertainers, guest lecturers and instructors for classes
- Supervise associates and volunteers who assist in carrying out planned programming
- Ensure that programming is ongoing 7 days a week, with programs and supplies planned ahead and readily available
- Complete administrative arrangements for programs
- Actively work with various department managers in planning and hosting community special events
- Plan regularly scheduled outings for residents; drive the van and/or car to take residents on shopping trips, to visit museums, restaurants, community events, etc
- Create joint programs with local community resources
- Develop volunteer opportunities inside and outside the community for active, independent residents
- Manage and supply inventory for the General Store
- Manage the Department budget and track all expenses
- Communication with Residents and Families
- Write content and take photos for monthly newsletter
- Post photos, videos and general updates to community Facebook; Respond to family / friend comments, messages and questions.
- Clearly articulate to visitors and potential residents what the community offers and why our organization, specifically the EnrichedLIFE program, is unique
- Assist with marketing the community to potential residents and their families, hospital discharge planners, eldercare professionals, community agencies and others by conducting tours, as needed, and providing detailed information about EnrichedLIFE programming
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred; 1 to 2 years experience providing programs or services to the elderly and/or Alzheimer’s populations preferred.
- Acute sense of responsibility and moral integrity. Sincere desire to work with independent, as well as cognitively impaired residents. Ability to deal compassionately with residents under all conditions. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm. Level-headed and calm in emergencies.
- Strong customer relations skills with the ability to communicate and interact clearly and effectively (written and oral) in English with seniors and their families, community leaders and eldercare professionals.
- Leadership skills with the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and promote a culture of teamwork, cooperation, enthusiasm, customer service, and an atmosphere conducive to growth.
- Must be comfortable with computer and digital technology and be willing to become proficient in the systems SLR uses to communicate with families and conduct presentations in the community and offsite, including Email / Internet, Google Apps for Work (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Presentation Tools (Printer, Projector, Streaming Media Players), and Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Must be responsible, organized, dependable and flexible; able to work some evenings and weekend hours. History of responsible, accident free driving.
- Must be physically able to handle some lifting of supplies and equipment, and moving of furniture, including pulling up to 25 pounds; to implement recreational activities for residents; and to escort and/or assist residents, as needed, and with the support of coworkers, as assigned