Wellness Nurse (RN / LPN)
Ayer, Massachusetts, United States · Nashoba Park
We are seeking a Per Diem Wellness Nurse. The Wellness Nurse will have on-call responsibilities as scheduled to assure that personal care staff have adequate backup. He/She may be required to work additional hours as needed in an emergency situation. The Wellness Nurse may also participate in Manager-on-Duty responsibilities for weekend and holiday coverage.
He or she will have a strong work ethic with good attention to detail, desire to work with seniors, and an interest in participating in group activities with residents. Must have a flexible schedule, and reliable transportation are a must. Computer literacy is also required. Background checks will be completed prior to employment. Walk-in applicants are welcome.
Senior Living Residences offers a competitive salary and benefits package including paid time-off and holidays, retirement option with company match and various insurance benefits. Background checks will be completed prior to employment.
To assist the Resident Care Director in his or her duties. Assignments are varied, and can include any of the following:
- Assessment, Service Plan Development and Oversight:
- Provide comprehensive initial assessment of all residents prior to move in.
- Develop initial service plan in coordination with family and other relevant care providers and provide regular reassessments.
- Assure that resident’s service plan is properly implemented by community staff.
- Management and Training Duties:
- Recruit, interview, hire, train (new hire and ongoing), schedule and supervise all RCAs. Closely mentor, guide and direct the RCAs in all aspects of their job.
- Assuring compliance with all resident care related regulations (e.g., medication management)
- Budgeting, Quality Control and Compliance:
- Responsible for management of wellness budget.
- Understand and comply with EOEA Assisted Living regulations.
- Monitor resident quality of care on a daily basis.
- Coordinate ancillary health and therapeutic services for residents if needed and/or requested.
- Arrange for emergency treatment when required.
- On-call responsibilities as scheduled to assure that personal care staff have adequate backup.
- Assure that all appropriate communication regarding resident care issues is shared with other departments in a timely manner.
- Maintain all accurate records of resident care files.
- Maintain all accurate records of resident care files, including pre-admission information and service plans. Responsible for progressive and ongoing documentation on resident well-being and crisis intervention.
- Assistance with Marketing and Public Education Effort for the Community:
- Conduct tours and community outreach.
- Conduct assessments of potential residents within 24 hours, as requested by the ED or Community Relations Director.
- Conduct tours and community outreach, and conduct assessments of potential residents within 24 hours
- Serve as “manager on duty” on a rotating weekend schedule with other managers
- Participate in social activities with residents as scheduled.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse who is a graduate of an approved nursing program with valid Massachusetts nursing license or otherwise meets the requirements of EOEA Assisted Living regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least two years experience with elderly or disabled individuals.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong assessment and care planning skills.
- Experience with residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia.
- Computer literacy required.
- Acute sense of responsibility and moral integrity.
- Sincere desire to work with residents and ability to deal with residents under all conditions.
- Compassion and patience essential; level-headed and calm in emergencies.
- Ability to cooperate with other associates in a team environment.
- Must be willing to perform non-essential duties as needed. Must possess a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm in order to create an atmosphere conducive to growth.
- Must be able to handle the physical requirements of the job including standing, sitting, bending and moving residents (one person assist).
- Must have means of transportation to complete assessments for new and returning residents.