The basic function of the Systems Production Specialist is to manage rack assembly for all projects from material procurement through system testing and commissioning.
Duties and responsibilities
- Build Assembly Items and Work Orders and work with Project Manager to coordinate accurate timelines.
- Review project ERMs and drawings to proactively identify potential issues. Coordinate with project Engineer and Project Manager to resolve any issues.
- Manage install stock quantities for Rack Build and Install shelves. Coordinate reorder points with Install Manager.
- Coordinate material picks and bin transfers for equipment from inventory shelves to Rack Build.
- Assemble, wire, dress and prep equipment racks for in-house testing and field installation.
- Coordinate additional resources’ schedules and tasks based on current Rack Build workload.
- Load programs and update firmware on devices if necessary.
- Ensure programming and testing of all systems by appropriate resources. Assist in troubleshooting during testing process.
- Complete Rack build documentation of key project data including MAC addresses, serial numbers and as-built drawings.
- Coordinate with Logistics after build for staging, storage and shipment.
- Maintain housekeeping and safety standards in the Rack Build as well as in the warehouse and office.
- Attend classes, seminars, or other events as directed, to improve management skills and technical knowledge or to share that knowledge with others.
- Any other tasks/duties as may be assigned or necessary.
Candidates for the Systems Production Specialist position must meet the following minimum qualifications to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be familiar with power tools.
- Needs to understand signal flow diagrams and have good soldering skills.
- Must have knowledge and expertise in the use of volt/ohm multimeter, real time analyzer, oscilloscope, decibel meter, cabletester, etc.
- Need to understand concepts for projections, remote control, and audio reinforcement.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Must be an organized self-starter and have a willingness to follow processes. Strong ability to formulate plans and effectively communicate those plans to others both internal and external is necessary.
- Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before small groups of employees and one-on-one to customers
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with and interpret nonverbal symbolism (formulas, graphs, blueprints, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The systems production specialist must work well with the Project Manager and all others in positions in the System Production process. You must demonstrate the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations. You are expected to promote a high degree of morale and spirit of motivation within the company. This includes the degree of cooperation, communication and coordination between this function and other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds alone. Also, they will have to assist others in moving heavier items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.