The basic duties of the Systems Consultant (SC) are to pursue and sell Stage Front offerings to pre-qualified prospects within a defined vertical market. The SC shall work closely with Business Development for timely introductions and to ensure smooth transition through the sales funnel.
- Primary tasks include: qualify individual opportunities; manage communication to identify client needs; proposing systems solutions for those needs; closing the systems sales; supporting the project manager during installation; supporting client training; following up on client satisfaction.
- Primary client contacts include: corporate executives, architects, engineers, department heads, commercial brokers, general contractors, electrical contractors and influential end-users.
Primary system types include: professional audio, video, digital signage, unified communications, collaborative tools and remote control.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze clients' systems needs and offer systems-based product solutions.
- Market presentation systems into areas or arenas assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Participate in setting goals and objective for your sales work.
- Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to customers. This includes ensuring that service and quality provided are satisfactory.
- Maintain a full working knowledge of the relevant hardware, software and services offered by Stage Front.
- Follow Stage Front standard format for estimates, proposals and other correspondence.
- Keep organized and up-to-date records of customer contact, correspondence and activity.
- Maintain Sales Forecast with updated information on the status of all current opportunities.
- Identify and qualify systems sale opportunities as they comply with Stage Front best client metrics.
- Collect customer application and site information/photos in standard site survey form.
- Review customer applications thoroughly with Engineering and Sales Manager as necessary, and prepare System Narrative and Proposal based on standard Stage Front offerings.
- Follow up on proposals; identify and address any obstacles to closing.
- Participate in the Release to Operations meeting. Introduce Project Manager to client and facilitate transfer of primary responsibility.
- Provide or participate in client training on the operation and maintenance of the completed system
- Follow-up after the sale to verify customer satisfaction.
- Participate in sales meetings. Report on active proposals, market feedback, new product information and other information of interest to the entire sales staff.
Candidates for the Systems Consultant position must meet the following minimum qualifications to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Prezi.
- Must be able to deal effectively with people, identify different personalities, and communicate persuasively.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be familiar with basic PC computer operations.
- Must be an organized self-starter and have a willingness to follow processes. Strong ability to formulate plans and projections and effectively communicate those plans to others both internal and external is necessary.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and circumference.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to read, analyze, interpret and report on general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before small groups of employees and one-on-one to customers
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers and the general public. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with and interpret nonverbal symbolism (formulas, graphs, blueprints, etc.)
The Systems Consultant position requires working in an office environment with visits to customer locations. Customer locations will require travel and can be any type of facility including, but not limited to, professional office buildings, industrial facilities, outdoor venues, and education facilities.
The position requires communication with a broad range of clients, partners, and Stage Front staff. This communication varies from routine professional conversations to challenging discussions. The Systems Consultant must be prepared to handle all communication.
The Systems Consultant is expected to be available during normal business hours. That said, special situations will arise where the consultant is needed outside of normal operating hours. The consultant is expected to be available when needed.
The Systems Consultant is required to be able to speak, hear, write, see, travel to customer locations, and operate in an office environment. The consultant may occasionally have to climb a ladder or use a lift to make inspections and filed measurements.