SW Architect Engineer
Main intention of this document is to explain required and expected activities.
- Analyze the SW requirements and system architecture
- Analyze the Hardware software interface specification provided by hardware
- Develop high level software architecture for ASIL rated Battery Management System application, including but not limited to
- Defining the safety and control data flows
- Defining the various views of the architecture which includes static and dynamic views of the software
- Defining the sequence of events in the software using one or more sequence diagrams
- Defining the performance and resource consumption objectives for the micro processors
- Allocation of the SW requirements to the SW architecture elements
- Develop interfaces between the SW architectural elements
- Documentation of the SW Architecture in conformance to the automotive industry standards/guidelines and internal guidelines and strategies
- Responsible for analyzing and verifying that the software architecture design meets all derived software requirements including performance, throughput, latency.
- Develop SW architecture to meet automotive standards including but not limited to Functional Safety, Cybersecurity, etc.
- Perform impact analysis for the software changes
- Participate in the safety analysis of the software
- Identify the vulnerabilities or short coming of the architecture
- Drive continuous improvements to SW Architecture to improve and optimize the software performance
- Participate in project team and customer review of the SW architecture
- Participate in the SW Team meeting to understand the project time lines and SW Architecture deliverables.
- Plan and estimate the tasks associated with the architecture deliverables
- Identify and communicate the risks to the SW Lead and Architecture Lead.
- Help the SW development team understand the architecture by having presentations, workshops, etc.
- Perform configuration and code review on need basis.
Minimum Role Requirements
- BSCS/EE or equivalent and 8+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of Software Architect work experience
- Prior experience with embedded microcontroller experience (operating systems, I/O drivers, communication drivers, etc.)
- Strong C programming experience
- Experience with Battery management systems is preferred
- Understanding of the UML concepts
- Hands-on experience with formal architecture tool is preferred.
- Familiarity with project change and configuration management software, such as Jira, SVN, DNG, RTC, etc.
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of Automotive networking protocols and respective test tools like CAN, LIN, UDS, OBD, etc.
- Experience with software maturity models, such as CMMi or Automotive SPICE is preferred
- ISO26262 Functional safety experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills