Reports To: Validation Test Engineering Manager
Responsible for assisting the validation engineer with and the execution of Li-Ion Battery Electronics/Module/Pack test related activities in a lab environment.
- Responsible for supporting and assisting with test setups and teardowns.
- Responsible for assisting in the test execution of Li Ion battery modules, packs, and systems.
- Performing battery measurements, record data and provide quality interpretation of electrical data during pre-test, post-test including monitoring of all testing performed in A123’s Validation lab
- Documenting tests through procedures, test logs, and photographs.
- Assist validation engineer with the reporting/plotting of test results.
- Assist validation engineers in electrical trouble shooting of A123 products and test equipment during various test efforts
- Operate battery and general lab test equipment (DMMs, power supplies, data loggers, DAQ systems, etc.) as needed to collect test data to be used for technical reports.
- Fabrication of low voltage setups for test applications.
- Troubleshoot and repair test equipment.
- Support calibration activity of all applicable instrumentation and equipment in the Validation lab.
- Assist development lab with any lab activities including harness and test box fabrication.
The position requires:
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) as well as a great attention to detail.
- Experience with general automotive test specifics (GM, Ford, FCA, Daimler, Porsche, etc.)
- Knowledge of environmental thermal chamber operation, programming, and functionality (CSZ, Watlow F4, etc.)
- Experience with general laboratory test equipment (DMMs, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience with general lab operations (electrical troubleshooting, PCBA rework/soldering, test stand fabrication, fabrication of low voltage harnesses for test applications).
- Experience with Microsoft Applications (MSWord, MS Excel, Visio, etc.).
- Ability to lift items up to 30lbs.
- Experience with Vector CAN based tools is a plus (CANalyzer, CANoe, etc)
- Experience with battery testing and test systems (i.e. AeroVironment, AVL Lynx) is a plus
- Associates of Science in Engineering or equivalent job experience
- A strong background troubleshooting electrical systems
- Experience with automotive testing requirements and procedures
- Strong knowledge of general laboratory test equipment