An engineer with major responsibility for developing BMS algorithms and battery control algorithms /models, includes State of Charge (SOC), state of Health (SOH), State of Power (SOP), RC models, and Battery Life models.
- Develop and validate next generation Li-Ion battery system SOC, SOH, SOP algorithms, and cell balancing algorithm
- Collaborate with cell team for cell level testing and algorithm development activities.
- Collaborate with BMS system team for algorithm implementation and validation activities
- Develop test procedures for algorithm development activities, including cell test procedures and model/algorithm validation test procedure
- Analyze test results and provide project status report to project team
- Support battery performance and life simulation software development project by providing and implementing BMS and control algorithms into the software
- Support battery cell RC model and life model development and validation process
- Support root cause analysis and troubleshooting activities for application related issues
- Effectively communicate his/her findings to internal/external customers using appropriate media.
- Perform peer reviews of algorithms on other projects
- Advanced knowledge in Li-ion battery, battery management system, extended Kalman filter and/or other advanced battery SOC/SOH algorithms.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experience in developing RC models and SoC/SoH/SoP algorithm.
- Sophisticated programming skills using MATLAB and Simulink with a tracking record
- Working knowledge of hybrid and electric vehicle control strategies
- Self-motivated, details oriented, and willingness to learn new technology.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to present technical data to customer.
- Languages (business fluent or native): English, German
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, Ph.D. is preferred
- Five years’ experience in SOC/SOH/SOP algorithm research and development activities.
- Five years’ experience in using MATLAB and Simulink
- Automotive industrial experience in BMS algorithm development is a plus